Now Available: Filr 4.0!
Micro Focus is pleased to announce the general availability of Micro Focus Filr 4.0, the latest iteration of our powerful Enterprise File Sync-and-Share solution that gives users the easy, anytime, and anywhere file access they want while allowing admins to remain in control of their organization's files and security.
Filr 4.0 includes plenty of exciting features and enhancements, many of which were requests straight from our users!
- Revamped Look and Feel (in Tech Preview): The end-user experience has been completely revamped to remove friction, increase ease-of-use, and create better, more intuitive interactions with Web client users.
- Updated base platform/SLES/Tomcat/Java: Powerful architecture updates to the base platform to increase speed and performance.
- Changed default database from MySQL to PostgreSQL
- The new KevView-based HTML renderer: A newer, quicker HTML rendering engine to replace the former Oracle Stellent engine.
- Lucene has been updated to version 7.3
- Single channel registration key for Filr: (SLES12 SP3 base), Lucene (SLES12 SP3 base) and PostgreSQL (SLES 15 base) appliances
- 300+ Internal defects resolved
- ...And more!
See the Filr 4.0 Readme for the full list of enhancements and bug fixes.
To download new versions or read more about Filr 4.0, please visit and share the following:
- Micro Focus Filr 4.0 Standard Edition Download: https://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=EVbJHEWKzIw~
- Micro Focus Filr 4.0 Evaluation Download:https://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=c_rCdhc0TOY~
- Micro Focus Filr Desktop 4.0 Download: https://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=QI6lCgOvNs0~
- Micro Focus Filr 4.0 Advanced Edition Download: https://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=3DAtg2JCVCg~
To learn more, visit the Filr website.