“Print” to PDF and Save to Filr using iOS 10

“Print” to PDF and Save to Filr using iOS 10

When talking about iPrint at tradeshows and such, I regularly get asked if it can also print to PDF – and avoid printing to paper in the first place. Sadly, I have to say “No”. Apple has released new features in iOS 10 however that now make this possible – though you don’t actually need iPrint in the mix. The following are the steps needed to accomplish this.

Let’s start with an email that you want to keep. From the Reply/actions menu, select print.

1. Email - iPad

iOS now has an AirPrint print previewer. If you pinch to zoom, you can make this full screen.

2 Print Preview - iPad 2

Once the previewer is in full screen, you will notice an Open-In option in the upper right corner. Use this to select Filr.

3 Print Preview Open-In iPad

Once in Filr, name the file as you wish and choose the folder you want to save to and simply select Upload.

4. Filr iPad

If you want to see this process in action, I've also made a YouTube video which you can find at https://youtu.be/eksMtYIt6W8
Tags (1)

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2016-09-29 22:54
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.