ebsr_paramedic
Visitor.

Adding a GoDaddy SSL Cert for FILR

Ugh!

I've been trying to add the godaddy ssl to filr with the instructions found in this cool solution:

https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/godaddy-ssl-certificates-for-filr/

However, it does not work for me. Can someone provide a recent step by step guide to applying the go daddy ssl cert to my filr 1.2 appliance install.

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
ebsr_paramedic
Visitor.

Re: Adding a GoDaddy SSL Cert for FILR

Update: the issue was resolved with the assistance of the Engineers at Novell.
0 Likes
nlandas Absent Member.
Absent Member.

EBSR_PARAMEDIC;2393479 wrote:
Update: the issue was resolved with the assistance of the Engineers at Novell.

Would you be able to document that process for other GoDaddy users or was it a specific issue to your installation? I'd love to get a GoDaddy certificate back into Filr.

Any information would be appreciate.

-Nyle

"I see this on another post -

spgsitsupport

Re: SSL Certificate question

In fact the correct command is:

openssl pkcs12 -export -in certificate.crt -inkey private.key -certificate gd_bundle.crt -out domain.com.p12

In fact only domain.com.p12 keypair is needed to import & select as default
(instructions on the import page would be a logical help to have!)

Seb"
0 Likes
ebsr_paramedic
Visitor.

Hi Nayle,

The Engineers were awesome and now i am a happy camper. In the end the Engineers had to apply a special patch my system.

I'm not sure if it was a GoDaddy Issue (GoDaddy tends to change their SSL repositories often) or a Filr Product defect.

I am being told that a similar patch to address this issue will be made available to the general public as early as this week. I am also being told that the GoDaddy Cool Solutions article is being updated shortly as well.

If you compare netstorage to Filr: Filr wins hands down!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.