lutfidemirel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Alphabetical Sorting, Net FOLDER seems empty, Back-up

Dear Friends, Hi,

I have three issues that need your advices.

1. We are using Turkish Language, so there are files and directories named by turkish characters. ın Mobile APP, the sorting is not proper.
For example, there is two folder named ISPARTA and İSTANBUL. Normally İSTANBUL must be sorted after ISPARTA. But İSTANBUL is sorted after "ZONGULDAK"
In other words, "İ" is not sorted after "I", but sorted after "Z"

2. Second issue is about NET FOLDERS. Although I make shares for NET FOLDERS, the users only see those folders under "SHARED WITH ME". They can not see any folder under "NET FOLDERS", both in Web access and Mobile access.
(Only admin account see the NET FOLDERS under "NET FOLDER".)

3. Normally what back up software do you suggest? We are using HPE VM EXPLORER, but it is failing to back up FILR Appliance, because of sdb harddisk is INDEPENDENT.
So what backup software are you using and advise to back up FILR?

I am looking forward to your valuable comments and helps.

Best regards,
Lutfi Demirel
0 Likes
1 Reply
BSCHOOFS1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Alphabetical Sorting, Net FOLDER seems empty, Back-up

Hi Lutfi,

1. To which Mobile App are you referring, Android, iOS, Windows or all?

For iOS we have an outstanding RFE (request for enhancement) to allow sorting of what is displayed.

https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/novell-filr/Idea/Detail/1044

2. Data in Net Folders only appears in the Net Folders when an LDAP imported user both has file rights to the back-end file servers (if rights are granted trough groups, these need to be imported into Filr too) and in Filr received acces rights to the Net folder.

If you -as Filr admin or an other LDAP user that does have rights- share a file or folder hosted in the Net Folder, this indeed will only show up in the "Shared with me" section.

Basically, in the rights tab of the Net Folder, you need to "Allow access to the Net Folder" before users can see the data they have rights to on the back end.

https://www.novell.com/documentation/filr-3/filr-admin/data/netfolders_create.html

That said, Filr does NOT grant rights to the back-end, when one LDAP user (or Filr admin) shares data hosted on a Net Folder to and other user, this is only granted withing Filr. iow The user that received access trough a Filr share, will only ba able to access it trough Filr and that Filr share.

3. What version of Filr are you running? The sdb disk only required to be independent at the time before upgrading to the next major release (old style, so 1.x > 2 or 2 > 3) where the sdb disk needed to be manipulatable without interference of the hypervisor.

If you are on 3 (where the updates are brought online) you can remove the INDEPENDENT flag of the virtual disk used for sbd.

In case you require an "old style" upgrade, or the next major release of Filr requires the virtual disk for vastorage to be migrated to a new appliance, the hypervisor disk clone tools can be used. When in doubt, with the next upgrade, contact Customer Care, but for now you should be fine reoving the independent flag of sdb.

Kind Regards,

Bart.

>>> lutfidemirel<lutfidemirel@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 04/09/2017 21:34 >>>

Dear Friends, Hi,

I have three issues that need your advices.

1. We are using Turkish Language, so there are files and directories

named by turkish characters. ın Mobile APP, the sorting is not

proper.

For example, there is two folder named ISPARTA and İSTANBUL.

Normally İSTANBUL must be sorted after ISPARTA. But İSTANBUL

is sorted after "ZONGULDAK"

In other words, "İ" is not sorted after "I", but sorted after "Z"

2. Second issue is about NET FOLDERS. Although I make shares for NET

FOLDERS, the users only see those folders under "SHARED WITH ME". They

can not see any folder under "NET FOLDERS", both in Web access and

Mobile access.

(Only admin account see the NET FOLDERS under "NET FOLDER".)

3. Normally what back up software do you suggest? We are using HPE VM

EXPLORER, but it is failing to back up FILR Appliance, because of sdb

harddisk is INDEPENDENT.

So what backup software are you using and advise to back up FILR?

I am looking forward to your valuable comments and helps.

Best regards,

Lutfi Demirel

--

lutfidemirel

------------------------------------------------------------------------
lutfidemirel's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=169775

View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=505150
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.