mfaust Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Authentication for File Link

Anyone out there who got the new "File Link" feature of Filr 1.1 working in conjunction with activated reverse proxy?

Our system is configured to work with NAM and we added "/ssf/s/readFile/share/*" as public resource and activated File Link in Filr. Now NAM does not request an Login, but Filr does ?!? shouldn't the File Link be public, even when reverse proxy is used?

Any hints/ideas are appreciated.
0 Likes
9 Replies
xvastx Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Authentication for File Link

Adding my voice here as someone who is wondering if there is a way to get the File Link functionality working behind NAM? This functionality would really go a long way to convince stubborn users here to use Filr.
0 Likes
mfaust Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We taked to the Filr guys at Brainshare and they confirmed it was a bug. I certainly hope they fix it soon...
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

MFaust;2338938 wrote:
We taked to the Filr guys at Brainshare and they confirmed it was a bug. I certainly hope they fix it soon...

Really appreciate the update. I'm glad they're working on it.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

xvastx;2338944 wrote:
Really appreciate the update. I'm glad they're working on it.

Sorry to bump my own post, but has anyone heard anything since regarding this issue? Confirmed to be fixed in the next version for example?
0 Likes
mfaust Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bug 870309 is still pending. Current Target is Axion, which should be released after middle of this year...
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

MFaust;2346108 wrote:
Bug 870309 is still pending. Current Target is Axion, which should be released after middle of this year...

Thanks for the update 🙂
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

MFaust;2346108 wrote:

Now with 1.2 out, has there been any further update regarding Bug 870309?
0 Likes
mfaust Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No, still in the queue.
In the mean time we found a work around. As Filr wants a user that authenticates for the File Link, but does not really care what user it is (any user works), we implemented the following workaround:
- Create a local user with minimal qota an no home directory --> Can't access much when accessing the web interface.
- Create a separate identity injection for "/ssf/s/readFile/share/*" with always the just created user including password
- Set "/ssf/s/readFile/share/*" as public
-> Share File Links behind NAM

Downside: If a internal user for whatever reason first uses a Link and then logs in to Filr, he is logged in with the dummy user. Fix ist to hit log-out and refresh (NAM then reinjects the right credentials)...

Sorry for the late post, didn't find the time to write it up...
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

MFaust;2404908 wrote:
No, still in the queue.
In the mean time we found a work around. As Filr wants a user that authenticates for the File Link, but does not really care what user it is (any user works), we implemented the following workaround:
- Create a local user with minimal qota an no home directory --> Can't access much when accessing the web interface.
- Create a separate identity injection for "/ssf/s/readFile/share/*" with always the just created user including password
- Set "/ssf/s/readFile/share/*" as public
-> Share File Links behind NAM

Downside: If a internal user for whatever reason first uses a Link and then logs in to Filr, he is logged in with the dummy user. Fix ist to hit log-out and refresh (NAM then reinjects the right credentials)...

Sorry for the late post, didn't find the time to write it up...

Hey Faust, sorry for the late reply myself. Only found the time today to implement your work around and it is working great. Thanks a lot for your post. I hope this helps others in our position until there is official support from Novell.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.