bertschj Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Auto uploading photos - 3.4

Using Android device to automatically upload photos. Works fine if:

- I am logged into Filr before taking photo
- I am connected to Wifi (with Wifi only checked) before taking photo
- I am connected to broadband (with Wifi only not checked) before taking photo

Questions:

- If out in field using Broadband, and in Wifi only mode, can Filr be 'forced' to upload when I return to the office or when connected to Wifi? Does not seem to do so automatically when going from Broadband to Wifi.
- Any way for Filr to auto upload recent (or ?) photos taken before I log in?

thanks
0 Likes
1 Reply
ravenet1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Auto uploading photos - 3.4

It does work, but with the caveat that the current implementation has a smaller queue list than really required (my words, not theirs). The developers know and are working to resolve in next release apparently. I've been quite vocal with them about this since last summer.

So it does generally work if you are offsite and take 1-2 dozen photos then come back into wifi later. But if you take 50+, then it struggles. You can usually kick it by initiating a bulk upload of the same photo queue and it will move past.

People like cheese
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.