Highlighted
normand Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Connection issue

Hi,

Since Filr 3.X, now at v4.02 (but satills displaying 4.01), we have connection issues.

Sometimes, in Filr interface, documents aren't available (we have to reboot Filr appliance).  Sometines, Filr client is unable to login to Filr so we have to reboot all Filr servers (Appliance, Search and Database) and then it's OK.

Anybody have these Filr connection issues ?

Thanks for help.

Normand

0 Likes
4 Replies
davemrm Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Connection issue

I'm not clear on whether you're saying you had this problem with 3.x and now it continues with 4.x and 4.0.2, or if you mean you've had the problem only after upgrading to 4.x and it now continues with 4.0.2...

If it's only since upgrading to 4.x, I had the same issue as well, this is the fix:

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7024051

if the problem was with 3.x as well, then it may be something else though you should still check the settings in the file identified in the kb article.  I don't know if the 4.0.2 update will fix this problem if it's already happened due to the 4.0.1 update.

0 Likes
mbrown664
New Member.

I happened to be logged into the 8443 console when it failed. There is a failure that is causing the filr server to lose connection to Net Folder Servers. Rebooting thru 9443 console temporarily resolves issue but only for a while. I did add the lines to the filer.service file last week but it didn't do any good.

0 Likes
normand Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

That KB solution don't resolves my problem. Still need to restart Filr appliance every 3-4 days.
0 Likes
davemrm Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

For me when I first applied the fix and rebooted the server, it still failed after a couple of days  like before.  Then when I rebooted the server again, the problem went away and has not returned since (several weeks now at least).  I've no idea if that was a fluke or if it's some magic in the way it works.  Perhaps you will find the same thing.  Certainly if you found your filr.service file missing those lines, you definitely had *that* problem... but maybe not *only* that problem.

If it doesn't start behaving after another reboot  (you do have to reboot, just restarting Filr service isn't enough after changing the filr.service file), then I see a SR in your future.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.