Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Could not connect to remote service [rmi://localhost:1099/

I have a large deployment with two filr appliances and one database and one search index.

I am running zen load balancer in front of the appliance which works great.
There are no config changes to the filr appliances in terms of port redirection.

I had an issue upgrading from 1.0.1 to 1.1 so I blew it away and started fresh.
After I installed and configured the appliances there were no issues . Now the :9443 configuration section will not work I get
(this is just the top lines)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /. Reason:

Could not connect to remote service [rmi://localhost:1099/GangliaService]; nested exception is java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: no such object in table

Caused by:

org.springframework.remoting.RemoteConnectFailureException: Could not connect to remote service [rmi://localhost:1099/GangliaService]; nested exception is java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: no such object in table
at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientInterceptorUtils.convertRmiAccessException(RmiClientInterceptorUtils.java:190)
at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientInterceptor.doInvoke(RmiClientInterceptor.java:347)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This is on all appliances (search,data,filr1,filr2)
I restarted filr2 and the admin section 9443 comes back for a short time. Maybe 10 minutes then I get the same error. But now after the restart I get and authentication box asking for credentials on 8443. when I put in the admin or other creds it directs me to a page that says

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
HTTP Status 500 - Filter execution threw an exception

type Exception report

message Filter execution threw an exception

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter execution threw an exception
org.kablink.teaming.webdav.servlet.filter.ResourceDispatchFilter.doFilter(ResourceDispatchFilter.java:87)

root cause

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:259)
org.kablink.teaming.asmodule.spring.security.userdetails.DecryptedPasswordUserDetailsService.loadUserByUsername(DecryptedPasswordUserDetailsService.java:51)
org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.DigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(DigestAuthenticationFilter.java:144)
org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:173)
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)
org.kablink.teaming.webdav.servlet.filter.ResourceDispatchFilter.doFilter(ResourceDispatchFilter.java:87)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I have rebooted to no avail. If I restart the jetty service I do get the appliance login for 9443 but if I try to login I get the same message about [rmi://localhost:1099/
again if I reboot then 9443 works for 10 mins but 8443 gets hosed. Everything worked fine until I rebooted the appliance.
I am afraid to even reboot these appliances now in fear that the will cease to work.

I should also note that this was part of the upgrade issue I had after I rebooted all of the appliances.
Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well I figured out one piece of the puzzle . On my filr2 va it had dropped the nfs connection vashare. Still having issues with 9443
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here is some more info

After a reboot and the 9443 admin section works for 10 mins and if I try to make a change and reconfigure the appliance I get
RPC failure or session timeout redirecting to login screen. Then I can no longer get to 9443 or 8443.I have to restart again for them to work and the appliance did not reconfigure with my changes.
Any help is appreciated!
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

The same issue here:

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Had a similar issue with "RPC failure or session timeout redirecting to login screen" on 9443, too.
If I tried to click "Appliance configuration" got a "RPC failure".

Solved the issue deleting the browser cache.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried flushing my cache but no luck. Adding to the thread. I have disabled ganglia monitoring and it has cleared up a few issues.
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

bschilliger;2338014 wrote:
The same issue here:

type Exception report

exception

The password in the FILR appliance configuration 'Outbound E-Mail' was too complex (with special characaters). After changing the special characters with letters and/or numbers, the server starts without any troubles!

Regards from Switzerland,

Beat
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.