Commodore
Commodore

Easy way to capture all comments associated with file (is there a log for this)?

Jump to solution

Hi all!!

I looking for an easy way to view and/or download "comments" attached to a file.

The process we are testing is when a user reviews a file they shall comment "reviewed". The comment attests to me that they have actually read the file as opposed to just clicking the file.

So, I'd like to capture the comments, time stamp and the name of the file associated with the comments

Does anyone now of a specific method to accomplish this task or hack? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The audit report does log that a comment has been added to a document.  Unfortunately it does not log the contents of the comment.  Maybe it would be worth adding an idea?

The way to do this now, would be to pull the information from the database, the comment text is in the ss_folderentries table in the description_text field

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Commodore
Commodore

Not sure if this is a Feature Request or feature that is available now. Regardless, i needed a closer look into this and submitted an SR. Submitted as a "How do I..."

For tracking purposes:

SR#101316550641

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I do not see an easy way ...

In Vibe there is an activity log which can be exported and will probably contain this information. But I did not find a similar way in Filr.

So a feature request would be the next step!

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The audit report does log that a comment has been added to a document.  Unfortunately it does not log the contents of the comment.  Maybe it would be worth adding an idea?

The way to do this now, would be to pull the information from the database, the comment text is in the ss_folderentries table in the description_text field

View solution in original post

Commodore
Commodore

hi @Robin Redgrave 

thanks. i will submit an idea.

BTW: i vaguely recall you mentioning something along digging/pulling items out of the database during one of the webinars. I was about to take look at the video to refresh my memory.

@all i have a 4 day holiday (thaksgiving - US)  to make this happen. someone, anyone please kindly send some guidance my way.

best

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Here is an SQL query which should return what you need, edit as required,

Select
ss_basicaudit.eventdate As eventdate,
ss_forums.pathname As pathname,
ss_folderentries.title As title,
ss_principals.name As username,
ss_basicaudit.eventtype As eventtype,
Case ss_basicaudit.eventtype
When 2
Then 'Create'
When 3
Then 'Edit'
Else ''
End As actiontype,
ss_folderentries.description_text
From
ss_basicaudit Inner Join
ss_zoneinfo On ss_zoneinfo.zoneid = ss_basicaudit.zoneid Inner Join
ss_principals On ss_principals.id = ss_basicaudit.userid Inner Join
ss_folderentries On ss_folderentries.id = ss_basicaudit.entityid Inner Join
ss_forums On ss_forums.id = ss_basicaudit.owningbinderid
Where
ss_folderentries.title Like ('Re:%')

Commodore
Commodore
thank you
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
Yes, I know SQL statements are excellent to get a out more information of Filr - but it is not easy/simple ...
Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.