djobes Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Evaluation

I just downloaded the Filr ovf and deployed it. It says its 90 days, but it started in Feb according to the license info displayed.
Am I expired? I can not log into the 8443 as admin and have checked the DNS and tried enabling 8080 and neither will authenticate with the vaadmin? I was
thinking it is a license issues? The 9443 works fine.

Product Title: Novell Filr
Product Version: 1.0
Issued On: 2013-02-12
Issued By: novell
Expiration Days from Issued Date: 90
0 Likes
3 Replies
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Evaluation

djobes wrote:

>
> I just downloaded the Filr ovf and deployed it. It says its 90 days,
> but it started in Feb according to the license info displayed.
> Am I expired? I can not log into the 8443 as admin and have checked
> the DNS and tried enabling 8080 and neither will authenticate with the
> vaadmin? I was
> thinking it is a license issues? The 9443 works fine.
>
> Product Title: Novell Filr
> Product Version: 1.0
> Issued On: 2013-02-12
> Issued By: novell
> Expiration Days from Issued Date: 90

Ignore the license that's displayed in the appliance admin interface on
9443. Once you can get into the regular Filr administration console on
port 8443 there's a license report you can run which will show you the
actual license expiration date based on the 90-day evaluation period.
All you're seeing is that the license file itself was created on Feb.

Anyways, it's not a license issue. Is this a small deployment or large
deployment? Have you tried restarting the appliance(s) to see if the
port 8443 interface comes up? You say you've checked DNS, but to be
safe what if you try the URL by IP address instead?

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Bob-O-Rama
Visitor.

Post deployment you need to configure the Filr appliance going into :9443 and configure the appliance ( select the "small" deployment ) and so on. If you don't do this, I think you may see this issue where you can't login on 8443 or 8443 is non existent. Then, following that, IIRC, the first through you use admin / admin for the credentials and it forces you to change the password for the admin user before you can proceed.

-- Bob
0 Likes
djobes Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bob-O-Rama;2264560 wrote:
Post deployment you need to configure the Filr appliance going into :9443 and configure the appliance ( select the "small" deployment ) and so on. If you don't do this, I think you may see this issue where you can't login on 8443 or 8443 is non existent. Then, following that, IIRC, the first through you use admin / admin for the credentials and it forces you to change the password for the admin user before you can proceed.

-- Bob

Bob Thanks,
I was using the vaadmin not admin/admin. The help file just said use the admin account which is what I thought vaadmin was.

Thanks to both of you for the input. The license info under 9443 had me thinking I was expired before I started.
https://forums.novell.com/images/smilies/cool.png
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.