Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

External access - Filr + Microsoft TMG

Hello and good day to you!

We currently have Filr working internally. Works great with both the browsers and the desktop client. But we cannot figure out how to setup TMG to handle external Filr contact. When we try to access the filr.company.com server from a ipad which is connected to a wifi at home we get a invalid user-ID or password message.

TMG is setup to listen to our external IP on a HTTPS listener rule. Our external DNS is pointing filr.company.com towards that external IP. So far so good. But how to setup TMG? I understood in my other post that it is better to no put authentication on the TMG rule? But which should we choose on the Authentication Delegation tab? I think "No delegation, but client my authenticate directly" but whatevere we choose there we get nothing when accessing filr from the outside.

So.. after reading through a ton of documentation we are at a bit of a loss here.. the main thing why want Filr is not working (for now). Does anyone have a similar setup working?
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: External access - Filr + Microsoft TMG

Hi,

Should work fine. I have been able to have TMG working for Filr for the past month.

You are right you need to select "No delegation, but client my authenticate directly". You also need to have to the Proxy requests to published site - Request appear to come for TMG computer. Bridging should be to 443 if you want to use SSL. After that should work as long as you have allowed 443 and assigned the SSL certificate. Everything else should be defaults.

Good luck.

Heintraag;2272044 wrote:
Hello and good day to you!

We currently have Filr working internally. Works great with both the browsers and the desktop client. But we cannot figure out how to setup TMG to handle external Filr contact. When we try to access the filr.company.com server from a ipad which is connected to a wifi at home we get a invalid user-ID or password message.

TMG is setup to listen to our external IP on a HTTPS listener rule. Our external DNS is pointing filr.company.com towards that external IP. So far so good. But how to setup TMG? I understood in my other post that it is better to no put authentication on the TMG rule? But which should we choose on the Authentication Delegation tab? I think "No delegation, but client my authenticate directly" but whatevere we choose there we get nothing when accessing filr from the outside.

So.. after reading through a ton of documentation we are at a bit of a loss here.. the main thing why want Filr is not working (for now). Does anyone have a similar setup working?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply. It's the certificate bit we were stumped by. We have a excisiting *.company.com certificate. Can't find which one Filr would accept. Which extension does Filr work with?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Never mind, we got the certificate bit too work. External access with ipad, iphone now working. The access with the browser is working. When we use the filr client we get a invalid user id or password message? Have you experienced this also and what did you do?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok. Time to admit i was short on coffee this morning.. i left Authenticated users in the User tab in TMG. Should have been All users to allow access from the outside world with both browsers and clients without getting a tmg login screen.

Thanks all of you who helped out! Now to pitch this to the management 😉 (wish me luck)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Good luck! 🙂

Best regards, Sebastiaan Veld If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.