Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2663 views

Filr 1.1 "get file link" no permission

Fresh Upgrade to Filr 1.1 large deployment, no clusters and only one of each VA. Did not yet upgrade SQL VA. VMware ESXi 5

Hello,
I get the following message when I try to get a file link with the new desktop client in Windows 7: "You do not have sufficient permissions to perform this action."

I get this error when I try it from our Filr site: "You do not have right to share your selection."

I even gave all internal users all the sharing rights. I did all the prescribed post update tasks, LDAP, re-index etc. Other sharing methods work fine.

Any ideas?
Tags (3)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is Guest access allowed under System > Web Application in administration console?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It wasn't, but it is now and it didn't seem to fix it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

elphantasmo;2337597 wrote:
It wasn't, but it is now and it didn't seem to fix it.


Are you trying to share a file from a "NetFolder" or "HomeDir"?

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried both, no luck.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

elphantasmo;2337714 wrote:
I tried both, no luck.


Does it work from webui?

So you have allowed "Share File Link" under System->Share Settings and under your NF->Rights for this user?

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thsundel;2337818 wrote:
Does it work from webui?

So you have allowed "Share File Link" under System->Share Settings and under your NF->Rights for this user?

Thomas


Ah... You have to set it on all the net folders individually... I can share file link by putting a check by the file then selecting "Share" from the menu bar at the top, but not by clicking the drop down to the right of the file. I still can't "get link" from Filr library documents through desktop client.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

elphantasmo;2337882 wrote:
Ah... You have to set it on all the net folders individually... I can share file link by putting a check by the file then selecting "Share" from the menu bar at the top, but not by clicking the drop down to the right of the file. I still can't "get link" from Filr library documents through desktop client.


And you did do "Granting Users the Ability to Share via a File Link" for all your users?

https://www.novell.com/documentation/novell-filr-1-1/filr-1-1_inst/data/b1bfpocb.html#b1bfpudd

I just installed the Filr desktop client to try, for me it works..

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thsundel;2337883 wrote:
And you did do "Granting Users the Ability to Share via a File Link" for all your users?https://www.novell.com/documentation/novell-filr-1-1/filr-1-1_inst/data/b1bfpocb.html#b1bfpuddI just installed the Filr desktop client to try, for me it works..Thomas
Thanks a million! I don't know how I missed doing that, I used the documentation for the upgrade, it was also 11:30 at night and 2 am the next day. I now set all existing users to be able to "share link."

New users will automatically be able to share a link if it's set in system => share settings=> "group name"=> share using file link.

Web UI link creation works fine. I haven't tried the desktop client, sitting in a training session right now.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

And how does one allow users to create file links from their Home Dir's?

We have allowed our users to share file links under System - Share Settings and allowed this from all our Net Folders.

Where is the setting to allow it from Home dir's? We still get the "you do not have the rights..."message when we try to generate a file link there.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

mazzel;2340482 wrote:
And how does one allow users to create file links from their Home Dir's?

We have allowed our users to share file links under System - Share Settings and allowed this from all our Net Folders.

Where is the setting to allow it from Home dir's? We still get the "you do not have the rights..."message when we try to generate a file link there.


On the netfolder where the homedirs are located.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have no netfolder for the homedirs.

Our setup lets users access their homedirs from Filr from 'My Files' which has the personal store + Home folder based on their homedir setting in EDir.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.