ohico Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Filr-3.4.3a update - Not listed on Search Appliance

I now see the "Filr-3.4.3a update" listed under "Needed Patches" on our two Filr appliances.
But I don't see it on our Search Appliance.
Is that normal?

Just concerned in proceeding to update the Filr appliances because this patch's details indicate:

"This update is required on the Filr, Filr Search and Filr MySQL appliance(s) in your Filr deployment."

Thanks,
Marc
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Filr-3.4.3a update - Not listed on Search Appliance

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Thanks for reaching us, Ohio. As Lothar requested, can you confirm if build key is applied on Lucene appliance as well.

As far as Filr 3.4.3a is concerned, it’s applicable only for Filr appliance and we don’t have to apply it in other appliances.

Thanks,
Eswar
0 Likes
e-ebell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I just found the following when reading the 3.4.3a release notes: "'Note: 3.4.3a is a re-release of 3.4.3, but with a corrected EULA (End User License Agreement) file.'".
So there's no hurry ... unless you can't wait to read the updated EULA 😉
HTH
Cheers
Erik
0 Likes
ohico Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks everyone.

We do already have "Filr 3.4.3 Update" on the Search appliance so we must have already applied that "Filr 3.0 - Updated Build Key" that Lothar recommended.
That "Filr 3.0 - Updated Build Key" is listed as only applying to version 3.0.0 to 3.4.2.
Not sure how you can tell if it's been applied from the "Installed Patches" though?

Thanks for confirming that the 3.4.2a update will NOT be listed on the Search appliance.
Its release notes seemed to indicate otherwise.

Marc
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Ohico,

Build keys are updated in your deployments already. Hence, you are seeing the newer patches in all the appliances.

Since build key update is not a regular patch, it won't be listed under installed patches.

Thanks,
Eswar
0 Likes
farmers_LSD Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks for the link and info. I couldn't see installed patches or new patches on our 3.4.2 box. The FTF fixed both and I'm installing updates now.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.