Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
davemrm Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Filr 4.0 disable beta UI button, not the beta UI itself?

In Filr 4.0 I want to get rid of the blue "Beta UI" button, so that my users don't mess with it, but I still want to be able to access it myself. When I select "Disable Beta UI" in the admin console, it literally disables it and prevents me from logging in even if I know the URL (https://filr.domain.com/filr sound familiar?)
0 Likes
5 Replies
sprakasam Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Filr 4.0 disable beta UI button, not the beta UI itself?

davemrm;2498512 wrote:
In Filr 4.0 I want to get rid of the blue "Beta UI" button, so that my users don't mess with it, but I still want to be able to access it myself. When I select "Disable Beta UI" in the admin console, it literally disables it and prevents me from logging in even if I know the URL (https://filr.domain.com/filr sound familiar?)

as per your query, the button ONLY CAN’T be disabled, it disables access to the new UI as well. It is a safety switch so as to prevent users access even if they guessed the URL correctly or bookmark the URL when it was active.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

sprakasam;2498525 wrote:
as per your query, the button ONLY CAN’T be disabled, it disables access to the new UI as well. It is a safety switch so as to prevent users access even if they guessed the URL correctly or bookmark the URL when it was active.

why have a button for it at all? this means I can't test it out without calling everyone's attention to it.

does anyone know where the graphic for the button is stored? I wonder what happens if I just delete the button graphic, or replace the graphic with something that will be invisible.
0 Likes
cwoehrl
Visitor.

You could try this CSS snippet and put it in your ss_call_out_css_init.jsp. You will need to restart the filr service, though.

<style>
div.mastheadNew_Filr_UI_Panel {
display:none;
}
</style>

To show the button again, simply remove the CSS snippet and restart the service.

Hope that helps.

Christian
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

This worked great - now with the Beta UI enabled I can access it at https://filr.domain.com/filr, but the users don't know about it.

For those looking for the file, it's /opt/novell/filr/apache-tomcat/webapps/ssf/WEB-IF/jsp/custom_jsps/ss_call_out_css_init.jsp

<style>
div.mastheadNew_Filr_UI_Panel {
display:none;
}
</style>

Thanks!
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Sorry, missed a character in the file path, and it won't let me edit any more...

/opt/novell/filr/apache-tomcat/webapps/ssf/WEB-INF/jsp/custom_jsps/ss_call_out_css_init.jsp
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.