Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Filr 4.2 MySQL vs PostgresSQL

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I´m considering updating out Filr to 4.2. Currently we´re running Filr 4.1.2. Standard edition (large deployment). In this installation we´re still running MySQL. In the update notes for Filr 4.2. there´s a recommendation to verify that the PostgresSQL server is updated to version 1.2. If not, it should be updated to 4.2. But as I said, we still have MySQL.

Does it mean, that I need to migrate from MySQL to PostgresSQL prior to Filr 4.2 update? In other words: does Filr 4.2 still support MySQL?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Filr 4.2 MySQL vs PostgresSQL

Jump to solution

@mstelmach 

Did you see and listen to this webinar? https://register.gotowebinar.com/recording/recordingView?webinarKey=4742382073562122509&registrantEmail=diethmar.rimser%40netagents.at

Go to minute 13:30.

Yes, you can stay on MySQL. Here is the documentation:

SQL Database Server

Table 3-12 SQL Database Server

Database TypeSupported Versions

PostgreSQL

• 1.2.1 or earlier

MySQL

Microsoft SQL

• SQL Server 2017

• SQL Server 2016 SP1

MariaDB

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

@mstelmach 

Did you see and listen to this webinar? https://register.gotowebinar.com/recording/recordingView?webinarKey=4742382073562122509&registrantEmail=diethmar.rimser%40netagents.at

Go to minute 13:30.

Yes, you can stay on MySQL. Here is the documentation:

SQL Database Server

Table 3-12 SQL Database Server

Database TypeSupported Versions

PostgreSQL

• 1.2.1 or earlier

MySQL

Microsoft SQL

• SQL Server 2017

• SQL Server 2016 SP1

MariaDB

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot, @Rimser ! That will help me!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

The Filr 4.2 release includes updates to the PostgreSQL appliance that ships with Filr.

If you are not using the similar MySQL appliance that used to ship with earlier versions of Filr, then, there is no need to migrate to PostgreSQL. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.