normand Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Filr 4 Appliances configuration

Jump to solution

When I start Filr Search or Filr appliance server, I need to do some configurations like passwords, time zone, server name, IP address.  When it come to configure hard drives, for the data drives, it detects sda, sdb and sdc but on sdb, there i no partition.  Is it as design ?

Looks like it don't detect hard drive 2 copied from Filr 3.4.3 previous installation.

Any help would be appreciated.

In the Filr 4 documentation, the upgrade process should proceeds automatically...

Thanks.

Normand

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sveld Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Filr 4 Appliances configuration

Jump to solution

When you perform an upgrade of the Search of Filr App appliance then only the passwords should be asked and all other info should be put in automatically as the config is on the sdb disk that you assigned to the VM. If this is not the case you most certainly have copied the wrong disk.

You should shave:

sda on scsi controller 0 (0:0), deployed as part of the OVF

sdb on scsi controller 1 (1:0), the copied disk from your previous search/filr appliance.

sdc on scsi controller 2 (2:0) which gets a new /var mountpoint.

After adding the disks I always fist make a snapshot before starting so you can easily restart the process case something goes wrong.

I always make sure the disk sizes of sda/sdb/sdc are different so you have an additional check when copying.

Regards, Sebas

0 Likes
2 Replies
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

When you perform an upgrade of the Search of Filr App appliance then only the passwords should be asked and all other info should be put in automatically as the config is on the sdb disk that you assigned to the VM. If this is not the case you most certainly have copied the wrong disk.

You should shave:

sda on scsi controller 0 (0:0), deployed as part of the OVF

sdb on scsi controller 1 (1:0), the copied disk from your previous search/filr appliance.

sdc on scsi controller 2 (2:0) which gets a new /var mountpoint.

After adding the disks I always fist make a snapshot before starting so you can easily restart the process case something goes wrong.

I always make sure the disk sizes of sda/sdb/sdc are different so you have an additional check when copying.

Regards, Sebas

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Also make sure you perform the pre-upgrade checks as documented in the TID listed in the upgrade guide.

Regards, Sebas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.