Highlighted
mww Contributor.
Contributor.

Filr Errors after 4.1 Upgrade

After upgrading to Filr 4.1 we started getting random reports of sync errors.  The webclient will occasionally show a blank page and the Windows client will show "upload failed" error messages.  Sometimes the webclient gives this exact error: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7020168

Of course it says it was fixed a long time ago.

The server it self seems up.  Looking at the filr server logs don't any errors.  I do see these errors in the client logs:

2019-12-03 13:45:52,792 [upload-1] [ERROR] Unexpected exception while posting new file (aca.onprem.apiserver.restapi)
2019-12-03 13:45:52,792 [upload-1] [ERROR] Exception: <class 'httplib.BadStatusLine'> (aca.excepts)

And a bunch more.  Anyone else having 4.1 issues?  

0 Likes
5 Replies
ebsr_paramedic Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Filr Errors after 4.1 Upgrade

Hi,

I planned on upgrading the production server today until I saw this post. Has your issues been resolved?

On another note: Have you tired the new interface? On our test box we get a "service not available".

0 Likes
mww Contributor.
Contributor.

No, we have had a ticket open with support for several weeks.  They are unable to find anything and haven't provided any real suggestions.

We have NOT been able to use the beta interface.  It does load but when you try and login it tells you "invalid" login.  I suspect it does not like the domain part of the user name.  If we try and login without a domain name (as we do on the old interface) it say "Filr requires that you use the domain name to log in."

But we use LDAP for the user authentication and any combo of domain name is rejected. 

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Did you run a reindex after upgrade?

Have you opened a service request?

0 Likes
mww Contributor.
Contributor.

Yes, we have had an open SR for several weeks as noted earlier.

And yes, we have run the 'index everything' several times.
0 Likes
mstelmach
Established Member.

Hi,

have you updated both your Filr VAs and search VAs or only Filr VA? I can see the 4.1 update only on the Filr appliances. We´ve just rebooted our SMT server but still there´s no update available on the search appliances.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.