paisan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Filr Unable to connect to the Search Appliance Server.

Hi,

I am in the first time of install Filr. I am deploying a large deployment of version 1.2 all appliance are running Filr-1.2.0.846, Filrsearch-1.2.0.991, MySQL-1.2.0.409 and I have configured MySQL and Filesearch following installation guide but when I run Filr confuguration then it start with Database configuration and I can connect to MySQL server then it prompt Filesearch configuration dialog box I key in Filesearch details and click Next then the "Unable to connect to the Search Appliance Server." (as picture below.) appear.

I have rechecked my Filr and Filesearch configuration from installation guideline and nothing wrong. I have tried reinstall but still same issue. Someone please advise me.

Thanks,
Chanut.
0 Likes
5 Replies
paisan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Filr Unable to connect to the Search Appliance Server.

I am checking Filesearch services and found indexserver was stopped as picture below.

I try to start but nothing happen indexserver still stopped. Should I start indexserver service?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Do you have enough resources/RAM allocated to the search appliance? Also after installation of the search appliance, did you configure it?

Thomas
0 Likes
paisan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply, All appliances are running with default resources and I have configured search appliance as picture below.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

paisan;2417542 wrote:
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply, All appliances are running with default resources and I have configured search appliance as picture below.

I think I see your problem, if I remember correctly the java heap sizes should be entered as g or m not MB or GB. So change 5 GB to 5g and try again.

Thomas
0 Likes
paisan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It works!! Thank you Thomas.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.