restori1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1440 views

Filr home folder

I'm using Filr 3.4 with OES file server.
Network folders works as due, but the personal folders are empty even if configured on eDirectory.

How I've to do?

OES 2015.1
Filr 3.4

Thanks, Fabrizio

fabrizio at rfc.it www.rfc.it
Tags (3)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Filr home folder

On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 10:24:03 GMT, restori
<restori@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>I'm using Filr 3.4 with OES file server.
>Network folders works as due, but the personal folders are empty even if
>configured on eDirectory.
>
>How I've to do?
>
>OES 2015.1
>Filr 3.4
>
>Thanks, Fabrizio


So users see their personal folder via Filr client, they just don't
see content? My guess is a sync issue. For my home folders, I have
the Net Folder Server set to sync every night plus I have Just-in-Time
sync enabled. Check your sync settings.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
restori1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Filr home folder

I don't use the filr client, just web interface.
The sync was done sometimes but unsuccessful.
The just-in-time sync is set at the server level.

Thanks for your help.

Fabrizio

fabrizio at rfc.it www.rfc.it
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Filr home folder

On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 16:44:02 GMT, restori
<restori@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>I don't use the filr client, just web interface.
>The sync was done sometimes but unsuccessful.
>The just-in-time sync is set at the server level.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Fabrizio


Regardless of whether you use filr client or web interface, you need
to get synchronization working or users aren't going to see anything.
Its been a while since I ran into sync issues. Are you fully patched
and up to date? If you go to the Net Folder Server page and select
the one for your user's home folders and select Sync, what happens?

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
restori1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Filr home folder

I've found my mistake.
On LDAP configuration I've selected the options "relative path" for home directory. It doesn't work.
Setting "Use the LDAP home directory attribute" it works.

Now I've problems are with files share. The administrator can share files, but the user cannot.
The permissions seem ok.

Vai a sapere perchè, misteri dell'informatica! 😞


Thanks,
Fabrizio.

fabrizio at rfc.it www.rfc.it
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Filr home folder

restori;2486296 wrote:
I've found my mistake.
On LDAP configuration I've selected the options "relative path" for home directory. It doesn't work.
Setting "Use the LDAP home directory attribute" it works.

Now I've problems are with files share. The administrator can share files, but the user cannot.
The permissions seem ok.

Vai a sapere perchè, misteri dell'informatica! 😞


Thanks,
Fabrizio.


Have you followed this guide: https://www.novell.com/documentation/filr-3/filr-overvw/data/set_up_sharing.html

Thomas
0 Likes
restori1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Filr home folder

Accipicchia!
I've configured the net folder and related rights, but not "Share and Comment Settings" under System menu.

Thanks to Thomas for the document's link. I had already read it, but not with the right attention.

Fabrizio

fabrizio at rfc.it www.rfc.it
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.