Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1438 views

Filr on Hyper-V ?

Hi, one of my customer would like to install Filr on Hyper-V systeme
Is there some one who has news about Filr on Hyper-V ?
Thanks
L.P. Irovetz
Tags (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 10:36:06 GMT, LPIROVETZ
<LPIROVETZ@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>
> Hi, one of my customer would like to install Filr on Hyper-V systeme
> Is there some one who has news about Filr on Hyper-V ?


Import the ovf onto a vmware box, download the vmdk file, convert it
with qemu or virtualbox towards vhd, upload the vhd to the vhd folder
on hyper-v.
Create a new virtual linux machine, add the just uploaded vhd as the
first drive. Add the second disk and fire up the vm.

Same for the mysql and search appliance.


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks to this answer,

But sure we could open our toolbox, take the screw and the knife and go on ...
But, in this case, what about Novell support ? Is my customer pacify ?

If there is plan to released a Hyper-V version near 2,3,4 .. months OK, I open the toolbox ?

L.P. Irovetz
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 08:36:03 GMT, LPIROVETZ
<LPIROVETZ@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

Hi,

Contact your Novel REP with the case that you need it to be supported
😄

The more the .....
>
> Thanks to this answer,
>
> But sure we could open our toolbox, take the screw and the knife and go
> on ...
> But, in this case, what about Novell support ? Is my customer pacify ?
>
> If there is plan to released a Hyper-V version near 2,3,4 .. months OK,
> I open the toolbox ?
>
> L.P. Irovetz


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I used clonezilla and Virtualbox to clone the vmdk to vhd.
No issue at all when installing or running in Hyper-V on Windows Server
2012. This is an install in an all Microsoft AD environment.

Mikael

> On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 10:36:06 GMT, LPIROVETZ
> <LPIROVETZ@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
>
>>
>> Hi, one of my customer would like to install Filr on Hyper-V systeme
>> Is there some one who has news about Filr on Hyper-V ?

>
> Import the ovf onto a vmware box, download the vmdk file, convert it
> with qemu or virtualbox towards vhd, upload the vhd to the vhd folder
> on hyper-v.
> Create a new virtual linux machine, add the just uploaded vhd as the
> first drive. Add the second disk and fire up the vm.
>
> Same for the mysql and search appliance.
>
>


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LPIROVETZ wrote:

> Is there some one who has news about Filr on Hyper-V ?


We are looking at officially supporting both Xen and Hyper-V with the
next update of Filr currently slated for mid-to-late summer.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.