Highlighted
aferris Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Filr upgrade to 1.2

Hi folks,

I've been trying to upgrade our large clustered Filr deployment (1 MySQL server, 2 Indexers, and 2 Web Agents - /vashare is a CIFS volume) to 1.2.

To cut to the chase, the web agents do not successfully upgrade. After digging into it, they don't carry over the clustering/CIFS info in the /vastorage/conf/vaconfig.zip file and so the Web agent nodes act as if they are new 1.2 servers rather than upgraded 1.1 ones (no Filr configuration present).

Is there a way to manually call whatever script creates the vaconfig.zip file? Or could I edit it to reflect the needed CIFS info?

Our Filr system is fully patched to 1.1 Hot Patch 3.

thanks,
Andrew
0 Likes
2 Replies
aferris Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Filr upgrade to 1.2

To answer my own question, the script lives in /opt/novell/base_config and is called zipVAConfig.py. It uses a list of file locations called zipVAConfig.txt in the same directory. But it is not what sets the CIFS or disk info. I would love to see what's in /filrinstall/installer-filr.linux but it's a binary file. I thought appliances were supposed to be easier :mad:

Andrew
0 Likes
aferris Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Filr upgrade to 1.2

/etc/sysconfig/novell/NvlVAinit is probably the main file for setting appliance properties.

Andrew
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.