Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

GW Attachments - limit or self cleaning?

I miss a possibility to use a self cleaning feature in Filr if I use the Filr integration in GroupWise.

• I can use public links to send big attachments. But is there possibility to set a time limit for this public links (except doing this manually afterwards)?
  • If Filr integration is in heavy use then a lot of attachments will be stored in GW Attachments. Are there any self cleaning options?
  • GW Attachments will work because of allowing personal storage. The amount of personal storage can be limited. What happens with new attachments if this limit has been reached?
Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GW Attachments - limit or self cleaning?

On the GroupWise side we use the Filr REST interface to insert the attachment into Filr and get the link.   We haven't built in any time to live,   this would be an enhancement request perfect for the Idea Exchange assuming the REST interface for filr has a time to live option.

This is the same for the self cleaning.   GroupWise doesn't remove the attachments, it has now ownership on them.   If Filr had a cleaning option that could be set.

If Filr rejects the attachment being uploaded to Filr because of size, space, incorrect credentials etc... you will receive and error on the GroupWise side and the Filr reference will not be created.

Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: GW Attachments - limit or self cleaning?

I agree Mike.

Would be easier if Filr Ideas Exchange were located here on this community platform - as GroupWise already did! 😉

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.