jbaylor1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Home Directory/My Files Empty In Filr

I'm running Filr 3.1 and the My Files area doesn't have any files in it.

If I look at the Home Directory parameter in my user profile it's empty and I don't have an option to specify it.

The files that are in my OES/NSS home directory are viewable in the Net Folders area if I navigate to them.

If I click on the "What's New" option at the top and click "Site Wide" below the contents of my home folder are there.

I've reindexed and resynced and I'm out of ideas. I've setup Filr before and never had this issue. Did I miss some setting that allows this to work in 3.1?

I've attached photos.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Home Directory/My Files Empty In Filr

How did you set up ldap sync for users in Filr, do you use the LDAP home directory attribute if so have you verified that it is correctly set in eDirectory?

https://www.novell.com/documentation/filr-3/filr-admin/data/ldap.html#ldap-search-dialog-user-version

Thomas
0 Likes
jbaylor1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have ldap sync setup and I have checked the "Use the LDAP home directory attribute" option on the screen where you setup the ldap search filter. I'm really at a loss here because I have done this before with previous versions of Filr without issue.

We've never used Filr in production outside of beta testing it with our I.T. staff due to some features that it lack. I was finally going to sit down and write some code to leverage the rest api to fill in that functionality but now I can't get the home directories to work. SMH
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

jbaylor1;2471742 wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have ldap sync setup and I have checked the "Use the LDAP home directory attribute" option on the screen where you setup the ldap search filter. I'm really at a loss here because I have done this before with previous versions of Filr without issue.

We've never used Filr in production outside of beta testing it with our I.T. staff due to some features that it lack. I was finally going to sit down and write some code to leverage the rest api to fill in that functionality but now I can't get the home directories to work. SMH

And your ldap proxy account have enough rights? https://www.novell.com/documentation/filr-3/filr-overvw/data/b1cnjcpe.html#ldap_proxy_user_rights

Thomas
0 Likes
jbaylor1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes sir. I've even gone as far as modifying the filter today so that my user is the only ldap user object that exists in Filr. Then I granted the proxy user rights to the home directory attribute of my user object in eDirectory. Still nothing.

If I use an ldap browser I can see the ndsHomeDirectory attribute on the user objects but the properties screen under users in Filr shows nothing where it should show my home directory. I've deleted and synced my user countless times after each change to no avail. I even used my account, which is an eDirectory admin, as the proxy user and even that didn't work. I'm seriously considering just blowing up the setup and starting over again to see if that fixes it.
0 Likes
mcando
New Member.

Hi, could you fix your problem? I'm having the exact problem you described and no clue of how to fix it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.