Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Home Folder rights

I have just setup the single appliance as a test connected to edir ldap etc
Logged in with my user and all details seem to import from ldap, net folder server for the home directories gets created (I added the proxy user)
The test user Home folder appears as expected - but...
The test user does not have access to any of the files in their home folder.

The proxy user is admin for the tree and the test user is admin equivalent in the tree also.
I'm sure I'm missing something simple here.

Thanks
Mike

[edit]
Just added a specific Net Folder Server for a different volume with a new Net Folder, also added specific rights and that allows the test user to use the files. Files in Home folder still not working.

-----x==---x===----- I used to be an eagle......
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Home Folder rights

Patience is obviously a virtue 🙂
After a couple of hours the data is synchronized and the permissions are correct.
At one point it shown all files as being owned by the sync agent, but that is correct now as well.

Its all working well and our testing has started.

-----x==---x===----- I used to be an eagle......
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.