agodfrey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

New documents won't upload to server

Hi there.

I've just enabled a new folder on our OES server to sync to my workstation, and files dropped into the source folder on the server sync immediately to my computer. However, any new files created in the workstation's end of the sync just sit there and don't upload back to the server. In the local Filr application's Console \ Recent Activity I see lots of entries 'Unable to upload My Files \ {path to new file} to the server.

This hasn't happened before, it's always seemed to be rock solid, but I can't for the life of me find any logs or error detail to give me anything to start tracking down why with.

Any ideas?
0 Likes
9 Replies
agodfrey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New documents won't upload to server

Have just found that it's worse than just one user & the desktop app not uploading. No users can upload to the server via either the app or the web client anymore. Tried IE11 & Chrome for browsers - when a file is uploaded, it doesn't appear in the server folder once the browser finishes. This used to work and has only just stopped recently.

I have rebooted the Filr host (we have a three server installation - web host + database appliance + search appliance.

Not sure where to look to figure out what's going wrong. Any ideas would be helpful.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

agodfrey;2342968 wrote:
Have just found that it's worse than just one user & the desktop app not uploading. No users can upload to the server via either the app or the web client anymore. Tried IE11 & Chrome for browsers - when a file is uploaded, it doesn't appear in the server folder once the browser finishes. This used to work and has only just stopped recently.

I have rebooted the Filr host (we have a three server installation - web host + database appliance + search appliance.

Not sure where to look to figure out what's going wrong. Any ideas would be helpful.

Are you on 1.1 or earlier? We had this once, if I remember correctly disk space ran out or the inodes.

https://www.novell.com/documentation/novell-filr1/filr1_plan_deploy_bp/data/b17xoxgm.html#b17xwlz2

Thomas
0 Likes
agodfrey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Thomas.

That's a good question - does an NSS volume or pool have that kind of inode limit? Our Filr server is connecting to Net Folders that are on an OES NSS volume.

We're running the latest vm appliances of 1.1.

I will check and see if any of the other Net Folders exhibit the same problem - they point at different volumes within the same pool - this will tell me if it's possibly a pool or a volume issue.

Cheers
0 Likes
agodfrey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

One further thing, when attempting to upload from the iPad app, I get this error message;

Novell Filr
Expected status code in (200-299), got 500-1011
OK

Does anyone recognise this? So far it's the only error message I've gotten from anything
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

agodfrey;2343072 wrote:
Hi Thomas.

That's a good question - does an NSS volume or pool have that kind of inode limit? Our Filr server is connecting to Net Folders that are on an OES NSS volume.

We're running the latest vm appliances of 1.1.

I will check and see if any of the other Net Folders exhibit the same problem - they point at different volumes within the same pool - this will tell me if it's possibly a pool or a volume issue.

Cheers

I meant diskspace/inodes on the Filr appliance.

Thomas
0 Likes
farmeunitWPSD Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We see a similar issue. We reboot and it fixes it, but not exactly sure how long it takes to crop up again. It quits syncing also. Once we reboot, we can upload/download and sync works. I meant to try setting up a CRON job to restart services, but haven't had time.

We are still on 1.0.1. Was hoping 1.1 fixed the issue, but waiting on storage to try.
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

farmeunitWPSD wrote:

>
> We see a similar issue. We reboot and it fixes it, but not exactly
> sure how long it takes to crop up again. It quits syncing also.
> Once we reboot, we can upload/download and sync works. I meant to
> try setting up a CRON job to restart services, but haven't had time.
>
> We are still on 1.0.1. Was hoping 1.1 fixed the issue, but waiting on
> storage to try.

Sounds like famtd might be dying. If so, yeah, there are fixes for
this in 1.1.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
Supercharge your IT knowledge. http://www.novell.com/techtalks/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
robs609 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here is a quick and dirty script I run on a cron job. I am running 1.1 and famtd still dies every once in a while. Obviously change the destination for the log file. Has been working good so far.

#!/bin/bash

check=$(rcnovell-famtd status)
if [[ "$check" = *"unused"* ]];
then
echo "starting famtd"
echo "Famtd was stopped-"` date +%m-%d-%H-%M` >> "/install/Rob/scripts/filr/rfamtd/rfamtdstoppedlog.txt"
rcnovell-famtd start
else
rcnovell-famtd status

fi
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

robs609 wrote:

> Here is a quick and dirty script I run on a cron job. I am running 1.1
> and famtd still dies every once in a while.

If you still see it dying even with the latest Hot Patch, then I'd
recommend opening an SR. It shouldn't die at all.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
Supercharge your IT knowledge. http://www.novell.com/techtalks/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.