roehmdo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem with Zip files downloaded to desktop

Running filr 1.1 (not a appliance)..all patches installed..If I open a web browser and login to filr, I can click on any file and save it to my desktop no problem. However, if I select any file or folder and click on more (download as zip file). the zip file that ends up on my desktop will not open up with any un-zip program.. and the resulting file that lands on my desktop is consistently smaller than the original one on the server by a few K..When I try to open the downloaded zip file, I get a error : Warning error in zip structure, and a central header signature is wrong... any ideas of where to look ??
0 Likes
1 Reply
roehmdo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Problem with Zip files downloaded to desktop

A update to this.. after reading the documentation, I found that filr 1.1 zips up files in ZIP64 format which some unzip programs do not understand. I can unzip the file dowloaded with 7-zip program which obviously understands that format.. Is there any way to tell filr 1.1 to use standard zip format instead of zip64 ??.. otherwise I will need to inform users that they may need to download a different unzip program.. All the macintosh people will definitely need to download a 3rd party utility to unzip since macs do not understand zip64 as a default
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.