Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
spgsitsupport Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sync time

The sync time for the user access to Net folders is just drastic.

I understand that it does a lot (it collects the name, size, date, and ACL information), but over 3 hours of running it produced:

Miscellaneous
Date synchronization started: 05 June 2015 12:08:39 GMT
Date synchronization ended:
Node IP Address: 10.0.0.37
Directory enumeration failure: No
Number of entries expunged: 0
Number of operations that failed: 0
Files
Files found: 0
Files added: 0
Files expunged: 0
Files modified: 0
Files with ACLs set/updated: 0
Files with ownership set/updated: 0
Folders
Folders found: 0
Folders added: 0
Folders expunged: 0
Folders with ACLs set/updated: 0
Folders with ownership set/updated: 0
Folders synchronized: 0
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: Sync time

After the whole weekend I still can not see any Net Folders (nor me or anybody else)

But the sync (still running) shows now:

Miscellaneous
Date synchronization started: 08 June 2015 00:05:01 GMT
Date synchronization ended:
Node IP Address: 10.0.0.37
Directory enumeration failure: Yes
Number of entries expunged: 0
Number of operations that failed: 3
Files
Files found: 302218
Files added: 6
Files expunged: 0
Files modified: 2
Files with ACLs set/updated: 0
Files with ownership set/updated: 0
Folders
Folders found: 43783
Folders added: 0
Folders expunged: 0
Folders with ACLs set/updated: 6
Folders with ownership set/updated: 3
Folders synchronized: 34331

Where do I find logs for:
Number of operations that failed: 3
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Re: Sync time

For Filr 1.0.1 there was a section in Novell Filr 1.0.1 Planning and Deployment Best Practices Guide:

Monitoring File Meta-Data Synchronization in a Filr Cluster in https://www.novell.com/documentation/novell-filr1/filr1_plan_deploy_bp/data/b17mf7w8.html

Same section does NOT exists in Novell Filr 1.1 Planning and Deployment Best Practices Guide https://www.novell.com/documentation/novell-filr-1-1/filr-1-1_plan_deploy_bp/data/bookinfo.html

between the versions the log file name changed (how helpful?!) to appserver.log

which in my case is just full of meaningless (to me) java errors of all sorts like:

Had to reconfigure Groups in LDAP to be less nested & with new settings they did sync just fine

Seb
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.