Highlighted
lem9 Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1144 views

Too late for this user?

Hi,
in filr1_admin.pdf, page 34, it's mentionned that if a user logs in before his net folder Proxy info is set up, "the Home directories are not created correctly...". So, what can be done in this case (apart from reinstalling Filr)?

I have (at least) one user in this situation. I am not allowed to delete this entry via the Filr console. Synchronizing LDAP won't help.

Thanks,
Marc Delisle
0 Likes
7 Replies
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Too late for this user?

lem9 wrote:

> in filr1_admin.pdf, page 34, it's mentionned that if a user logs in
> before his net folder Proxy info is set up, "the Home directories are
> not created correctly...". So, what can be done in this case (apart
> from reinstalling Filr)?
>
> I have (at least) one user in this situation. I am not allowed to
> delete this entry via the Filr console. Synchronizing LDAP won't help.


When you say you aren't allowed to delete this user via the Filr
console, do you mean that you get some sort of error or something? Or
do you mean your organization's policies simply prohibit you from doing
this?

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
lem9 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Too late for this user?

The error I get, in French, is "Les utilisateurs déployés depuis une source LDAP ne peuvent pas être désactivés à l'aide de cette interface." which means that users coming from a LDAP source cannot be deactivated from this interface.
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Too late for this user?

lem9 wrote:

> The error I get, in French, is "Les utilisateurs d�ploy�s depuis une
> source LDAP ne peuvent pas �tre d�sactiv�s � l'aide de cette
> interface." which means that users coming from a LDAP source cannot
> be deactivated from this interface.


Hmm... how are you trying to delete the user? You should be able to
delete users that were synced from an LDAP source. In the admin
console, go to user accounts, check the box next to the user, more,
purge users and their workspace. These options should be available in
French as well though I don't know how it's actually worded in French.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
lem9 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Too late for this user?

I tried that and got an error. Translated, it means that this user and his workspace could not be purged due to an unknown error. When I go back to Accounts and search this user, he's still there.
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Too late for this user?

lem9 wrote:

>
> I tried that and got an error. Translated, it means that this user and
> his workspace could not be purged due to an unknown error. When I go
> back to Accounts and search this user, he's still there.


Hmm... I'm not sure about this one. Any chance you can open an SR on
this?

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
lem9 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Too late for this user?

No, we are SLA and are not entitled to Novell support.
0 Likes
networkplus Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Too late for this user?

lem9;2291770 wrote:
No, we are SLA and are not entitled to Novell support.


Hi, did you ever get this resolved for this user, as I have the problem for a major user in filr 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.