Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1304 views

Word app for iPad and Novell Filr

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a word processing app for iPad that I can use to open, AND EDIT, Word files from Filr without having to login to Office 365? Thank you.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Word app for iPad and Novell Filr

rbarber;2425780 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a word processing app for iPad that I can use to open, AND EDIT, Word files from Filr without having to login to Office 365? Thank you.


In WPS Office you can add a webdav connection to Filr and it's able to open and edit word files.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Word app for iPad and Novell Filr

I just now tried that app on my iPad. It does allow me to edit a Word document. But, I can't seem to figure out how to get it to save the edited Word document back to Filr. When I leave editing mode in WPS Office, or close the document, it seems to be saving. But, when I login to the my Filr website and access the document, or access the document from my Filr Windows client, the file is not updated with my changes. Any suggestions? Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Word app for iPad and Novell Filr

rbarber;2425944 wrote:
I just now tried that app on my iPad. It does allow me to edit a Word document. But, I can't seem to figure out how to get it to save the edited Word document back to Filr. When I leave editing mode in WPS Office, or close the document, it seems to be saving. But, when I login to the my Filr website and access the document, or access the document from my Filr Windows client, the file is not updated with my changes. Any suggestions? Thank you.


Yeah I've noticed that too now when I tried, bummer 😞

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Word app for iPad and Novell Filr

Yeah, it seems like there is no way to edit a document on mobile devices while using Novell Filr. Filr is otherwise a great product...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Word app for iPad and Novell Filr

rbarber;2426097 wrote:
Yeah, it seems like there is no way to edit a document on mobile devices while using Novell Filr. Filr is otherwise a great product...


Well you can edit the document and save it locally but that is of course not what you wan't to do... But I do not blame Filr since in my opinion this is an "Office" app limitation/problem...

Anyone else know of any other apps that works better?

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Word app for iPad and Novell Filr

Have you tried Pages?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.