Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
755 views

can't delete net folder server

Filr Appliance 1.1.0.653-HP674

I have a Net Folder server that was used strictly for User Home
Directories. The contents of that volume were migrated to a new
server (OES11 to OES11). I setup a new Net Folder server and pointed
it to the new volume and it works fine. I now want to delete the old
Net Folder server. When I try to delete it, it says that it cannot be
deleted because it is currently being referenced by Net Folders. But
I do not have any Net Folders created that reference it. How do I
delete it?

Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: can't delete net folder server

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 23:48:45 GMT, KeN Etter
<ketter@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>Filr Appliance 1.1.0.653-HP674
>
>I have a Net Folder server that was used strictly for User Home
>Directories. The contents of that volume were migrated to a new
>server (OES11 to OES11). I setup a new Net Folder server and pointed
>it to the new volume and it works fine. I now want to delete the old
>Net Folder server. When I try to delete it, it says that it cannot be
>deleted because it is currently being referenced by Net Folders. But
>I do not have any Net Folders created that reference it. How do I
>delete it?
>
>Ken


Opened an SR and problem is solved. Users home directories were still
pointing to the old Net Folder server (even though eDirectory had been
updated). Looks like Filr does not update that setting until the user
actually hits that location. Some users were updated and some
weren't. I don't have many users so I manually updated the rest and
then I could delete the net folder server.

Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: can't delete net folder server

Hello,

Am 15.12.2015 um 19:41 schrieb KeN Etter:
> On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 23:48:45 GMT, KeN Etter
> <ketter@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
> Users home directories were still
> pointing to the old Net Folder server (even though eDirectory had been
> updated). Looks like Filr does not update that setting until the user
> actually hits that location.

Thats also my expierience, if users synced once to filr, the homedir
setting will never updated. Additionally the admin can´t edit this entry
in the user profile.

Gotthard

--
Gotthard Anger
Anwenderbetreuung Netzwerkadministration
Landeskirchenamt der EKM
gotthardanger@no-mx.forums.novell.com
http://forums.novell.com/member.php?u=35038
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: can't delete net folder server

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 10:31:23 GMT, Gotthard Anger
<gotthardanger@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Am 15.12.2015 um 19:41 schrieb KeN Etter:
>> On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 23:48:45 GMT, KeN Etter
>> <ketter@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
>> Users home directories were still
>> pointing to the old Net Folder server (even though eDirectory had been
>> updated). Looks like Filr does not update that setting until the user
>> actually hits that location.

>Thats also my expierience, if users synced once to filr, the homedir
>setting will never updated. Additionally the admin can´t edit this entry
>in the user profile.
>
>Gotthard


I did not find that to be true. Filr did update, but only after the
user hit the home directory via Filr. And I was able to manually
update everyone else who had not gone to their home directory yet. A
bit tedious, but I did not have very many users to edit.

Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
roehmdo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: can't delete net folder server

anyone know of a report that I could run to export a csv file showing the values for each users home folder ??... Im trying to delete a net folder server and obviously I have a few users that still point to that server even though edirectory was changed.. I have almost 9000 users, so manually looking at each one wont work.. Filr 1.1
Thanks in advance
Doug
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.