vtodorovforum Contributor.
Contributor.

filr 4 upgrade no my files no netfolders after re-indexing

After filr 4 Upgrade, there are no my files or netfolders visible

Upgrade process followed as always for all other major upgrades.

4.0 license applied. 

Re-indexing complete. 

Noticed on the index node, the the structure does not show the Workspaces and the netfolders.

It is only showing Users and Groups as a label. Nothing else. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
vtodorovforum Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: filr 4 upgrade no my files no netfolders after re-indexing

re-ran the re-index task on the search nodes with different combinations on the individual nodes - no access, read/write , write only. And in the end it got solved. 

0 Likes
sveld Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: filr 4 upgrade no my files no netfolders after re-indexing

While I noticed a similar thing in one of my first upgrades, you normally would set the first search node in write only and re-index that one fully, then set it to read-write again. After this you configure the seconde search server write-only and re-index this on fully, then set it it read-write again. My expirience is the servers need some time to settle before they serve the content, but while the second server is indexing the first one which is already re-indexed should return the right content. I think a LDAP sync fixed it for me after the indexes finished.

Regards, Sebas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.