reddragon27284 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "Edit in place" not working.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

At the moment we've got Novell and our CA (GlobalSign) pinning the problem on each other and I'm starting to think the problem is with Java itself.
0 Likes
reddragon27284 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Our CA is suggesting that the problem may be caused by Filr only supporting TLS v1.

Is there a way to enable TLS 1.2 in Filr?

I looked at the server.xml for apache-tomcat but changing that to TLSv1.2 caused Filr to not run. There were Java exceptions in the Filr service log:

SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler ["http-apr-8443"]
java.lang.Exception: An invalid value [TLSv1.2] was provided for the SSLProtocol attribute
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Have not tried this but try:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/ssl-howto.html

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
mcarey1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "Edit in place" not working on Macintosh

I can't get the edit in place working on a Macintosh computer running 10.10.3 through either Safari nor Chrome. I have downloaded LibreOffice which the help files say must be loaded in order to do Edit in Place on a Macintosh and no luck. Clicking the edit button does absolutely nothing. No error message.

-Mac
0 Likes
banderson875 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was just testing this today, it didn't work too well for me in 1.1, but now I was surprised how well it DOES work for me in 1.2. I updated java to the newest version, 8.45 and webdav editing works great. I'm running windows 8.1 as well, office 2013 if that helps.
0 Likes
nlandas Absent Member.
Absent Member.

banderson875;2393379 wrote:
I was just testing this today, it didn't work too well for me in 1.1, but now I was surprised how well it DOES work for me in 1.2. I updated java to the newest version, 8.45 and webdav editing works great. I'm running windows 8.1 as well, office 2013 if that helps.

Can anyone else confirm that this is also working well for them with Filr 1.2? I just upgraded to 1.1 from 1.0.1 to make certain I had all the security and bug fixes, as well as some of the enhancements. Now it sounds like we won't be able to edit in place as we keep Java upgraded regularly.

I will take the time to upgrade to Filr 1.2 as soon as I see a fix for the memory leak listed in the Windows Desktop Client.

Thanks everyone.
-Nyle
0 Likes
bertschj Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Having same issue with 1.2 HP4 and latest java (8.71).

When we upgraded to HP4, it complained that I was using an older ver of Java - 8.66!

It did work for a while using FF (ver 43), but during further testing it started with "plugin may be busy..." error. In IE11, this also doesn't work - no error. Just hangs IE.

One of the most frustrating products I've ever dealt with... Have been fighting with this (two different vendor techs also) for over 3 months and still not in production. Hopefully they'll be losing Java requirement in 2.0
<end o' rant>
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.