shawn_lobo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

users cant login: Bad credential for LDAP user

Good Day...

I have two LDAP sources configured to Filr (eDir and Active Directory) both of which have their users sync'd on NFilr.

When I started off, I tested the login with both my credentials available on eDir and Active Directory and all worked and still works fine... I am able to login with my eDir and my Active Directory credentials on the Filr Web Console. However, I have users who are not able to login although I ran the sync now option with no errors but to no avail. (All user objects are in the same container)

Just to make sure that it was not a forgotten, expired or anything of the sort issue with their passwords.... I asked the users to login to their Novell Client and Outlook webmail and both worked just fine for eDir and AD... then asked them to login to the filr web portal again and all I get in the logs is:

[com.novell.teaming.module.authentication.impl.PlusAuthenticationProviderModule] - Authentication failure for [johndoe] org.kablink.teaming.spring.security.ldap.LdapAuthenticationProvider$LdapBadCredentialsException: Bad credential for LDAP user

I was thinking timing could be a problem but if that was so, then the secure LDAP sync should have failed and to further confirm it I changed my password in the eDirectory, ran the sync, and it worked fine with the new password.

Not sure what I am missing here...may be somthing simple 😞 ?
0 Likes
3 Replies
sveld1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: users cant login: Bad credential for LDAP user

Do you use Universal Password and NDS password in mixed mode? Meaning you've setup to use Universal password but also still sync the NDS password? This case it well could be that for these users the passwords were out of sync, which was fixed when the PW was set again.

Best regards, Sebastiaan Veld If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
bramsey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Are the user names the same in both eDir and Active Directory? This is not currently supported.

Support | Supporting multiple LDAP sources or Directory Trees

"Filr does not have the ability to differentiate between the same user in both trees, as it uses the uid for logins and syncing"
0 Likes
Highlighted
shawn_lobo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The userids are different for both and did a search on NFilr to verify that both the ids (one for eDir and one for AD) for the users facing the issue were present and they were. These users have not changed their password in the last 2 weeks. I had changed mine on both eDir and AD as a test to see if there was a sync or connection issue however, my new password worked on both. All the users belong to the same tree container in the tree and the policy is a standard one for the entire container. Deleted the problematic users from NFilr... ran the sync again, the users were auto re-added. The login to the NDS works however, the login using the Active Directory credentials still gives Bad Credential for these users. I asked one of these users to change their password on the Active Directory and then forced the sync but, still to no avail.. Bad Cred..

The AD username for one is johndoe@acmeacres.com
The eDir username is just johndoe

Still feel it maybe something small. Any bulbs?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.