Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

When will LDAP groups be supported in Fortify SSC On Premise?

Currently LDAP group feature is not working properly, it can only add users properly.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: When will LDAP groups be supported in Fortify SSC On Premise?

This is something we are looking into at the moment. I can't give you an exact date yet.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Make sure you are on the latest version of SSC as some enhancements have been made to LDAP integration.

Can you provide some additional information on what problems/challenges you are experiencing with LDAP Groups? SSC does provide support as mentioned in the documentation:

Active Directory/LDAP accounts associated with standard corporate authentication (Active Directory/LDAP integration supports user assignment by group or organizational unit)

Development is aware of some specific issues, but we want to ensure we capture what you all are experiencing via a support incident.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi my apologies for the late reply.

As of a recent support ticket that I have filed on version 19 of SSC, it was instructed by the tech support to assign role of “Administrator” to the LDAP group to allow the group users to login and make the LDAP groups work.

However, in our organization, we require a certain LDAP group to be entirely added to an application. However, within these groups, there would be a few users with extra roles and privileges.
The currently implementation we see now does not allow us to give fine grain roles and permissions to a per project level but to system wide level.
I understand this is a unique use case as not all organizations require such specificity. However in our organization code bases are sensitive across teams and within each team roles and responsibilities are strictly audited.

With thanks,
Poh Peng
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@pohpengwang thank you for following up. Can you PM me your ticket number so I can get a better understanding of what you are looking for as well as the challenges encountered?

At the very least, I would like to make sure this use case has been presented to development as an enhancement request.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.