Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

18.10 Windows 10/Server 2016 installation hanging

I have tried several times on different servers and Windows 10 machines with the same outcome.  The installation gets through the next->next portion of the install and the last step where the installation starts it seems to hang and never progresses.  Has anyone ever experinenced this? I just installed 17.20 to make sure there isn't something wrong with my setup and it has no issues.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Just wanted to add that this is for SCA Installation

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

This is very unusual symptom, especially if you are able to install an older version just fine.  Here are a couple of pointers:

1. Make sure that the installation media is not corrupt.  Go back and download the media again from the download portal.  If you got the Zip file the first time around, make sure that try to unzip it again and get the media again.  I don't know if you have already attempted it, but sometimes unzip doesn't cleanly unzip, particularly in the situation where there is an aggressive IPS or AntiVirus software running because it may be scanning the executable when unzip is attempting to unzip it. (Strange things have happend if that is happening).

2. If the user account you are using to install Fortify doesn't have administrative privileges or doesn't have administrative privileges in certain directory locations, this may occur occasionally.  Attempt to install using "Run as Administrator" for the installer to see if that changes anything.  There is virtually no difference between the installer of say v17.x compared to 18.x so if it works for 17.x if "should" work for 18.x.

I have installations of v18.x on numerous Windows and Linux boxes and I think I had run into the unzip issue on one machine at some point.  I forget if I downloaded the media again or if I just unzipped it once again that happend to fix the problem.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.