Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
9712 views

4.21 maven plugin error

Jump to solution

Hello,

We're attempting to upgrade our environment to 4.21 and are running into errors with the maven plugin.  We use bamboo to schedule/execute our scans and some of the plans can use the 4.21 plugin while others cannot. I haven't been able to identify a difference between the plans.  I've had the local .m2 cache purged and even bounced bamboo to see if that would help.

Here's the error:

build 07-Mar-2015 07:53:28 [ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.fortify.ps.maven.plugin:sca-maven-plugin:4.21:translate (default-cli) on project some_project: Execution default-cli of goal com.fortify.ps.maven.plugin:sca-maven-plugin:4.21:translate failed: A required class was missing while executing com.fortify.ps.maven.plugin:sca-maven-plugin:4.21:translate: org/twdata/maven/mojoexecutor/MojoExecutor

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

The issue was with out Maven installation.  The .m2 cache wasn't being cleaned out regularly which caused the inconsistent behaviour.  We tried to force the job to pull down sources (-U) but even wasn't 100% successful.  Once the .m2 was cleaned the issues resolved themselves.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Some additional info on this.  It looks like the plugin's bundled with 4.10 and 4.21 are having this issue for some but not all of our projects.  Older plugin's will work, but I've found that SCA doesn't scan JavaScript when using an older plugin and we've had to update those jobs to use separate clean/translate/scan steps.

I've debugged this as far as I know how.  I have a simple project with a minimal POM (just model, group, artifact and version) that will translate with a 4.00 plugin but not a 4.21 one.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

The issue was with out Maven installation.  The .m2 cache wasn't being cleaned out regularly which caused the inconsistent behaviour.  We tried to force the job to pull down sources (-U) but even wasn't 100% successful.  Once the .m2 was cleaned the issues resolved themselves.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.