eelgheez Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: After a SCA scan I get a "[error]: Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Py

Jump to solution

Could the vendor uncheck the "solved" status of this thread?  It is not solved.

Frequent Contributor.. Ed Macke Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: After a SCA scan I get a "[error]: Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Py

Jump to solution

Same here.

Just running sourceanalyzer -version gives me the error.

This is after a scan that gave me the same error, so I don't know if something's hanging around that causes this, because it's weird.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sourceanalyzer -version
Fortify Static Code Analyzer 18.20.1071 (using JRE 1.8.0_181)
[error]: Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Python
com.fortify.licensing.UnlicensedCapabilityException: Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Python
        at com.fortify.licensing.Licensing.getCapabilityConfig(Licensing.java:120) ~[fortify-common-18.20.0.1071.jar:?]
        at com.fortify.licensing.Licensing.requireCapability(Licensing.java:63) ~[fortify-common-18.20.0.1071.jar:?]
        at com.fortify.sca.frontend.Python3FrontEnd.runTranslator(Python3FrontEnd.java:158) [fortify-sca-18.20.1071.jar:?]
        at com.fortify.sca.frontend.FrontEndSession.runSingleFrontEnd(FrontEndSession.java:231) [fortify-sca-18.20.1071.jar:?]
        at com.fortify.sca.frontend.FrontEndSession.runFrontEnd(FrontEndSession.java:193) [fortify-sca-18.20.1071.jar:?]
        at com.fortify.sca.Main$Sourceanalyzer.run(Main.java:527) [fortify-sca-18.20.1071.jar:?]

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Here is what I found internally, regarding SCA 18.20.

<<This is a known issue (bug 192054). Fix will be in a future release. Users can safely ignore the error since it’s totally benign.>>

Here is another posting with more details for 18.20.

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify-User-Discussions/Error-Access-Fortify-SCA-for-Python-amp-quot/td-p/1681548

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
kanikedude03
New Member.

Jump to solution

Having the exact same issue with the exact same version of SCA and Java. I found this post as I was searching the error in quotes. I very much agree that this should not be marked as solved and is still an issue.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

This thread was marked as Solved several years ago when it first occurred.  Someone reawakened the thread for SCA 18.20, but the status remains.

There is another related post with more details for SCA 18.20 located here:  https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify-User-Discussions/Error-Access-Fortify-SCA-for-Python-amp-quot/td-p/1681548

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.