Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
gsman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After a SCA scan I get a "[error]: Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Python"

Jump to solution

There is no python code in my project though.

Had this on e JEE project (Java, JSP, JS) & on a NodeJS project.

Is SCA stumbling on something else and incorrectly reporting a Python related error? If so, on what?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gsman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: After a SCA scan I get a "[error]: Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Python"

Jump to solution

reply from support:

"Just found out that this is related to a bug in 4.30 which was fixed in 4.40 The dev comment as follows:

If "-django-template-dirs" skipped in command line (or refers to dir without html files) then there is no LicenseException for python when translating any html file (including django template html file)

So please update to 4.40 to fix this."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
Score Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: After a SCA scan I get a "[error]: Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Python"

Jump to solution

Hmm, Python's licensed separately which is why this warning occasionally crops up. It's odd we'd throw that when there's no Python present however. Is it possible to submit a case to fortifytechsupport@hp.com with the debug log for this scan? That should show what we're triggering this on.

It's also worth noting we don't actually support NodeJS just yet, although it's something we're actively working on. I've added you to the open enhancement request for this. It's possible support will be available in our next release, v4.40, along with the next rulepack release, 2015-R3. However this is subject to change.

0 Likes
gsman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I switched to debug mode, got this output and sent it to fortifytechsupport. Hope they can help

[2015-07-13 14:30:28.348 Thread-13 Master SEVERE 236]

Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Python

com.fortify.licensing.UnlicensedCapabilityException: Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Python

at com.fortify.licensing.Licensing.getCapabilityConfig(Licensing.java:117)

at com.fortify.licensing.Licensing.requireCapability(Licensing.java:60)

at com.fortify.sca.frontend.PythonFrontEnd.runTranslator(PythonFrontEnd.java:133)

at com.fortify.sca.frontend.FrontEndSession.runSingleFrontEnd(FrontEndSession.java:242)

at com.fortify.sca.frontend.FrontEndSession.runFrontEnd(FrontEndSession.java:150)

at com.fortify.sca.Main$Sourceanalyzer.runSourceanalyzer(Main.java:613)

at com.fortify.sca.Main$Sourceanalyzer.run(Main.java:489)

0 Likes
Score Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Geert, would it be possible to also attach the full log to the Support case? The stack from above shows us exactly what's being triggered, but outside of the context of the log we can't see what in your code is doing the triggering.

The good news is that without any Python in the code, this shouldn't actually be having an effect on the final results.

0 Likes
gsman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

reply from support:

"Just found out that this is related to a bug in 4.30 which was fixed in 4.40 The dev comment as follows:

If "-django-template-dirs" skipped in command line (or refers to dir without html files) then there is no LicenseException for python when translating any html file (including django template html file)

So please update to 4.40 to fix this."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Not fixed in the recent 4.31 Patch?

Hopefully Support can provide you 4.40, since it does not release until this Fall.   😉

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
gsman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Oops. I was surprised that he mentioned 4.40 since I don't recall seeing it announced. So, that is why...

0 Likes
Score Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The fix came after 4.31 had ventured out into the world so missed out unfortunately.

If all goes to plan 4.40 is currently set for a September release. This bug shouldn't affect the result set though so in the meantime it is safe to just ignore the warning.

0 Likes
eelgheez Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: After a SCA scan I get a "[error]: Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Py

Jump to solution

Is there a fix for SCA 18.20?  I did not intend sourceanalyzer to scan any Python code (and there is none in the tree).

Tags (1)
0 Likes
larkinc1234 Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: After a SCA scan I get a "[error]: Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Py

Jump to solution

In fact you do not even need to run sourceanalyzer to get the error in 18.20:

PS C:\> sourceanalyzer -version
Fortify Static Code Analyzer 18.20.1071 (using JRE 1.8.0_181)
[error]: Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Python
com.fortify.licensing.UnlicensedCapabilityException: Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Python
        at com.fortify.licensing.Licensing.getCapabilityConfig(Licensing.java:120) ~[fortify-common-18.20.0.1071.jar:?]
        at com.fortify.licensing.Licensing.requireCapability(Licensing.java:63) ~[fortify-common-18.20.0.1071.jar:?]
        at com.fortify.sca.frontend.Python3FrontEnd.runTranslator(Python3FrontEnd.java:158) [fortify-sca-18.20.1071.jar:
?]
        at com.fortify.sca.frontend.FrontEndSession.runSingleFrontEnd(FrontEndSession.java:231) [fortify-sca-18.20.1071.
jar:?]
        at com.fortify.sca.frontend.FrontEndSession.runFrontEnd(FrontEndSession.java:193) [fortify-sca-18.20.1071.jar:?]

at com.fortify.sca.Main$Sourceanalyzer.run(Main.java:527) [fortify-sca-18.20.1071.jar:?]

Tags (1)
Super Contributor.. ellerm Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

I also receive this.  I was told that you needed a certain license to scan Python (it's quite expensive).  Without this special license you'll get the error.  I've gotten this error on every single version of SCA I've used since 4.3.  I get this regardless of whether there's Python being scanned.

0 Likes
Contributor.. dwkroeze1 Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution

I have exacty the same error since testing with 18.20.

looks like some old issues returned in this version.

eelgheez Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Could the vendor uncheck the "solved" status of this thread?  It is not solved.

Frequent Contributor.. Ed Macke Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution

Same here.

Just running sourceanalyzer -version gives me the error.

This is after a scan that gave me the same error, so I don't know if something's hanging around that causes this, because it's weird.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sourceanalyzer -version
Fortify Static Code Analyzer 18.20.1071 (using JRE 1.8.0_181)
[error]: Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Python
        at com.fortify.licensing.Licensing.getCapabilityConfig(Licensing.java:120) ~[fortify-common-18.20.0.1071.jar:?]
        at com.fortify.licensing.Licensing.requireCapability(Licensing.java:63) ~[fortify-common-18.20.0.1071.jar:?]
        at com.fortify.sca.frontend.Python3FrontEnd.runTranslator(Python3FrontEnd.java:158) [fortify-sca-18.20.1071.jar:?]
        at com.fortify.sca.frontend.FrontEndSession.runSingleFrontEnd(FrontEndSession.java:231) [fortify-sca-18.20.1071.jar:?]
        at com.fortify.sca.frontend.FrontEndSession.runFrontEnd(FrontEndSession.java:193) [fortify-sca-18.20.1071.jar:?]
        at com.fortify.sca.Main$Sourceanalyzer.run(Main.java:527) [fortify-sca-18.20.1071.jar:?]

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Here is what I found internally, regarding SCA 18.20.

<<This is a known issue (bug 192054). Fix will be in a future release. Users can safely ignore the error since it’s totally benign.>>

Here is another posting with more details for 18.20.

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify-User-Discussions/Error-Access-Fortify-SCA-for-Python-amp-quot/td-p/1681548

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.