New Member.

Android Studio Plugin

I have an application being built in Android Studio 1.2.2 (Build 14.1980579) and I have HP Fortify 4.30 installed. All is on a windows 7 64-bit machine.  Now Fortify 4.3 supposedly comes with a Android Studio plugin but for the life of me I cannot see it anywhere.  I have reinstalled the Fortify and all I see are the plugin for Eclipse and Visual Studio.  So, my question is where is this plugin. Is it a separate download?  Any help will be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Android Studio Plugin

If I remember correctly, Android Studio is based on IntelliJ IDEA. Have you tried installing the IntelliJ IDEA plugin?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Mohit,

The answer of Steve is rigth. The same occur with all of Eclipse-derivated IDEs. For example, there is no Plugin for RAD or Spring IDE, but Eclipse Plug-In works on them.

Please, tell us your how goes with this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Below are the instructions to install that from the SCA 4.40 literature.  You can also grab the latest 16.10 doc here: 

===========================

Installing the Analysis Plugin

To install the Analysis Plugin:

1. Run the Static Code Analyzer and Applications installation and select IntelliJ IDEA Analysis from

the list of plugins.

2. Start IntelliJ IDEA or Android Studio.

3. Open the project that you want to scan.

4. Open the Settings dialog box as follows:

l On a Windows or a Linux system, select File > Settings.

l On a Macintosh system, select Preferences > IDE Setting.

5. In the left panel, select Plugins.

6. Click Install plugin from disk, browse to the <SCA_and_Apps_Install>\plugins directory and

select the HP Fortify IntelliJ Analysis Plugin zip file.

7. Click OK.

8. When asked whether you want to restart the program to activate the plugin, click Restart.

HP Fortify Analysis is added to the list of plugins and the menu bar now includes the HP Fortify menu.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Mohit!

All answers are correct, just one thing, You are using Fortify 4.30, I checked out documentation (Fortify 4.30 System Requirements https://www.protect724.hpe.com/docs/DOC-12331) and said that just supports Android Studio 1.0.1, this may be a problem.

How to install IntelliJ plugin Installing SCA IntelliJ Plugin - YouTube

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.