Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Any way to programmatically find my license expiration date?

I use a lot of licensed software with licenses that need to be renewed periodically, and I'm writing a script that checks all my licenses to warn me when I need to renew one soon, but I can't find a way to do this with WebInspect.

Is there a way to programmatically find my license expiration date?  A hidden remote API function?  A registry setting I can read?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

• Check out the license.xml file at C:\ProgramData\HP\Licenses\WebInspect\<your machine>@<your user>\HPLicense.xml

• If you ran (or run) the Offline Activation, the Activation Token string is shown within the LicenseReq.XML file and its resulting WebInspectLicenseResp.XML file.  You can run the Offline Activation even if you are already activated.

Both of these answers help for the common Named User license model.  I do not know how you might do this on the LIM server if you were using the Concurrent User license model.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.