Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Automatic scanning through WebInspect's API is not working

Hello.

We are trying to perform an automatic scan through the WebInspect API, referring to the following. But this doesn't work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUrLPsFEfck

When I POST the scan settings to the /scanner/scans endpoint, the Command Line Tool and Requestors(Nightly) will start running in the background. The Requestor starts up the number of times I set, but after a while, the Requestors process ends suddenly. The Command Line Tool process has not been terminated.
(After scanning, I accesses the /scanner /scans/{scanId} endpoint every minute to poll the process status.)

The execution environment meets the requirements.
https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/fortify-software-security-center/1920/Fortify_Sys_Reqs_19.2.0/index.htm
Is there a workaround? Provide logs if needed.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies

Can you try with Webbreaker?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Take a look at the scan logs for the ScanID. The logs will be in %localappdata%\HP\HP WebInspect\Logs. The scan.log should give you an idea what is going on.

You can also open WebInspect to look at the scan to see what is going on. My suspicion is you are using SQLExpress and getting an error creating the instance. What account is the WebInspect API running as? It should be running with the same user account as the person that licensed WebInspect on that machine.

There are a couple of other reasons for a scan to terminate early on, but you really need to take a look at the logs to determine what is going on.

Also, take a look at the API logs in Windows Event Viewer to see if there is anything logged there.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.