Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Burp Suite >> Send to WebInspect not able to send vulnerabilities

I am trying to integrating Brup Suite and Web Inspect tools, Integration part is done successful. Through burp suite we are able to connect Web Inspect API. But performing scan through brup suite and we are not able send that vulnerabilities to Web Inspect through Send to Web Inspect option. Can some one help me to resolve this problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I believe the Send To WebInspect option only works from the Scanner window, i.e. only in BURP Pro and not BURP Free Edition.  With the free version I can Pull from WebInspect, but have not had any opportunity to Push into WebInspect.

Besides the WebInspect Help Guide, there are two useful articles on this.

If there is still an issue, consider running the included Web Proxy tool and insinuating it between WebInspect's API and BURP then providing that capture (*.PSF file) to Fortify Support (support.fortify.com).

I am assuming you were using the default WebInspect API settings, or something close to it.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your quick response, i am using default WebInspect API settings only.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Hans,

Do you have any recorded video available, to integrate these two tools? if yes please share the url to access the video.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Suneel,

I was thinking about creating a video about the BURP/WebInspect integration for my next video.  I do not believe that we have one available yet, only a series of screenshots.  If you would like the screenshots to use while I create the video please feel free to email me directly. jgriggs(at)hp(dot)com

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.