Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CAPTCHA in website

my frist page is a login name + password & a CAPTCHA .

How can I do a scan on this ?

Any doc or step I can follow ?

Thanks

DC

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You have a few options:

1) Record Web Form Values and mark the CAPTCHA input as 'interactive' and use that WebFormValuesFile for your scan, that way you'll be prompted for the value when it's necessary. Means you need to "baby-sit" the scan.

2) Check the 'Prompt for web form values during scan (interactive mode)' checkbox and NOT use a WebFormValuesFile for your scan, that was you'll be prompted to input a value (or skip the form) for any forms encountered during the scan. When scanning in Interactive Mode, if you get a blank screen in the Web Form Value Input Dialog, press the skip button.

4) Have developers turn off/bypass CAPTCHA functionality for the IP you are scanning from. Pretty crude way to deal with it, but this is often done for performance testing. Of course, you won't be testing the CAPTCHA functionality in terms of security by doing this.

In terms of reading material, you could Read The Manual, read official training course material, and search this forum for 'CAPTCHA'.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

I tried with options mentioned, made field interactive, and read from a file.  But script never stopped or did not ask the captcha to enter interactively, any other setting needs to be updated ?

I have trial license

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Make sure the field name is correct as mentioned in the user guide - https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/fortify-webinspect/2010/WI_Help_20.1.0/index.htm#InteractiveScans.htm

There is another workaround that may help if this one does note - https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM03693372

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

For captcha I don't have file,  I made field has interactive, and selected that field as interactive.  application UI never showed up.   My settings seems to be correct as described or suggested in community response.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.