Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
msanva
New Member.

Cannot connect SSC to MySQL during setup

Hello,

I've been following the instructions to set up Fortify SSC 18.20 on RHEL using the following components:

- MySQL 5.7 Community Edition

- MySQL Connector/J 8.0.15

I created my database as such, referenced by both the official documentation and some threads on this community: CREATE DATABASE ssc CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;

Then I ran create-tables.sql to create the initial schema.There were no failures and I see the list of tables populated.

From the DATABASE SETUP page during the initial setup, I use the following JDBC string: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/ssc?connectionCollation=utf8_bin

When I test the connection, the SSC page always responds with "Test connection failed." In my MySQL database logs, I definitely see JDBC connecting, authenticating the user (which has full permissions at this point), and performing a full query.

1) Am I missing a database configuration beyond the documentation? Are there any additional tests I can perform to narrow down the issue? Or, alternatively...

2) Is there a way to enable verbose logging in Fortify/SSC Tomcat webapp to see what's going on under the hood when the requests are being attempted?

Thanks for any information that can be provided.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Community Manager COEST Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cannot connect SSC to MySQL during setup

Hello back!

I shared your question with one of our PMs who told me that your question is rather complex and cannot be answered easily without knowing all the details of your environment and the things you have done so far.

He actually recommended to op;en a support case. That is probably why there has been no response from community members yet.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

@msanva try the following and see if it makes any difference:

CREATE DATABASE SSC DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_cs;

Thanks,
Ethan

0 Likes

Hi, has this been fixed?

The format of the JDBC is not the right one, it has to be mysql-connector-java-version-bin.jar.

You can download the one from here: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/5.1.html and install the ...bin.jar version.

Best regards,

Anca

0 Likes
Raphael Hagi Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello @msanva, is it fixed? Please, tell us! It´s important for the community.

Data, or do not.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.