Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
gp1988 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Cloud Scan License Question

Hello,

By reading Cloud Scan Documentation it seems that is necessary one license per SCA client (build and translate phase), no care about the number of Sensors that scans.

Is it right? Can I use one license to have just one Jenkins machine as SCA client and N sensors with just one license for SCA? 

Thanks very much in advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies
dereck.vas.garc1 Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: Cloud Scan License Question

Hi,
SCA will require the license at the installation point no matter if you will use it as a client or sensor for Cloudscan.
I don't know how the license guys handle the limit of instances on the licenses but it is for sure that you will need the license for installing either the clients and sensors.
I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Dereck

gp1988 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks, just a question:

in the CloudScan UserGuide it is written the following: image.png

So it seems that only the clients need a license (so, if I have 3 clients and 10 sensors I need just 3 SCA licenses).

According to you answer I effectively need 13 SCA license in order to use 3 clients and 10 sensors, doesn't?

Thanks again

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes, in the case of using 3 user machines and 10 CloudScan Sensors, you would need 13 licenses of SCA.

If you purchased the FLEX license model, then your three licensed users could install and use all of these freely, as well as your security auditing staff.  If you have another license model, such as the Build To Order, then you would likely need to move/deactivate your licensed installations around to the different systems until you exhausted the total available quantity you had paid for.

Your Fortify Sales representative can provide you with clarification on your particular situation and allowances.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.