Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. markberrier Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Commercial v/s Government Help Desk

Jump to solution

More often than not, when I submit a case number for resolution, I get a support engineer on the commercial side. It should be very clear from my contract, email address, signature that I need a microfocusGOV.com support engineer. Really frustrating when you have to deal with a non US support engineer for help on a federal contract. Very limited on things I can share with a non us citizen support engineer.

What are the criteria for this or is there a setting that I needs to be set to somewhere? Or is there a Micro Focus Government representative that can reach out to me?

Labels (4)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Commercial v/s Government Help Desk

Jump to solution

Thanks for your inquiry. I am happy to provide some insight on this topic. If you have purchased a standard Business Support contract through  Micro Focus, you are entitled to Micro Focus Technical Support 24/7.  Micro Focus has Technical Support centers across the globe ensuring that you have a large team of experts available to assist you 24 hours a day. 

Micro Focus also offers an enhanced agreement in our Premium Support offering which entitles you to non-standard services, (ex. US based agents, assigned/dedicated engineers).  If you are interested in additional information regarding this option I suggest reaching out to your Salesperson or other account representative for more information. 

3 Replies
Respected Contributor.. jmatheny Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

That's a great question, and I have the same issue. Some issues can be resolved by the regular support folks, but there are times when we are unable to share with them because of the data we are dealing with.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks for your inquiry. I am happy to provide some insight on this topic. If you have purchased a standard Business Support contract through  Micro Focus, you are entitled to Micro Focus Technical Support 24/7.  Micro Focus has Technical Support centers across the globe ensuring that you have a large team of experts available to assist you 24 hours a day. 

Micro Focus also offers an enhanced agreement in our Premium Support offering which entitles you to non-standard services, (ex. US based agents, assigned/dedicated engineers).  If you are interested in additional information regarding this option I suggest reaching out to your Salesperson or other account representative for more information. 

Trusted Contributor.. markberrier Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Amanda. Although your answer works, it is scary considering those of us on  Federal Contracts have very little recourse for solving problems now. Because I work for the Department of Defense, I cannot share log files, source code files or FPR files with a Support Engineer from some remote world location. This severely limits any help I can receive.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.