UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Captain Captain
Captain

Custom Rules Editor?

Jump to solution

As far as I can tell, the last version I saw the Custom Rules Editor released on was v17.1. 

Has the Editor been discontinued on more recent versions? If so, does anyone know of anything more recent to use. Getting lots of false positive findings and need to weed them out of the scans.

@ebell 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I still have it in my Linux Installation for 19.1.2

Have you looked in the bin directory of your Fortify SCA installation? It should still be there

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I still have it in my Linux Installation for 19.1.2

Have you looked in the bin directory of your Fortify SCA installation? It should still be there

View solution in original post

Captain Captain
Captain

Awesome. It is there. Hoping my v17.1 documentation will work still but thanks for the help.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@markberrier there is an updated manual bundled with the SCA installation software.

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Where to find the customer rule edition on fortify?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@royalsniffer the needed information is inside the downloaded package where you obtained the installer for Fortify SCA. Inside that compressed file, where the executable is located, is a Docs folder. Inside the Docs folder is the information for SCA Cust Rules Guide.

Captain Captain
Captain

I'm running version 20.1 and the rules editor in my bin is version is 20.1 also. 

Funny you should ask, it was on the exam for FTSCA250-200 - Fortify SCA and SSC last week!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.