Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Custom Rules For C/C++

Can custom rules be written for C/C++? In reading the custom rules guide it leaves out mentioning it.

"Custom rules are available for Java and .NET code, but do not currently support JavaScript, PHP, Classic ASP, Visual Basic, or Cobol."

Before I embark on trying to write one, I wanted to make sure it is or is not supported.

Thank You,

Doug Ferrin

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

my understanding is that if a language is defined in the schema, then fortify SCA engine will accept the custom rule for that dlanguage (C:\Program Files\HP_Fortify\HP_Fortify_SCA_and_Apps_16.10\Core\config\schemas\rules.xsd).

With this thought in mind, I was able to develop a custom rule for cobol by using the rule editor's wizard/template to develop the rule under java language; alter the language to "cobol", and altered the condition based on my needs and the cobol custom rule works as desired.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.