UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Database requirement to install SSC

I have a query regarding the installation of database for HP Fortify.

1) Is it OK if we install both Fortify SSC and SQL Server database in one windows server machine? What are pros and cons having the database in one server and in two different servers?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes, you can co-install the SSC Server (Java web server framework) on the same Windows machine as your MSSQL server. As a proof, in Fortify Presales we use a demo image that consists of SSC, WebInspect Enterprise, MSSQL, WebInspect desktop, and SCA all on one Windows 2012.  This is "acceptable" for demos but not optimal for live use.

Despite this, for long-term use and especially for performance, MSSQL can be a resource hog and you would be better off installing it alone on its own machine.  In my experience, MSSQL really performs best solo and on bare metal.  Some may say they can get it to behave, but I do not have the DBA team needed to do that.

The same answer is true for users of WebInspect desktop, that if you are not using SQL Express, you will get better performance by housing MSSQL on a separate machine rather than the localhost.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Thank you Hans.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.