cjb013 Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Does SCA cover TypeScript

We're looking into scanning TypeScript (see TypeScript - Wikipedia ) a language that "builds" into Javascript within a Node.js context, but not necessarily within VisualStudio (they're use TypeScript compiler v1.7).

We're on the hunt for recommendations on how best to "instrument" Fortify to scan these TypeScript segments along side native Javascript/Node.js code segments within the same code repository.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
16 Replies
andrewdmoreno
New Member.

Re: Does SCA cover TypeScript

+1. Also interested in the answer to this.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.. iAmBatman Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Very interested in this ability as well. Tried modifying the fortify-sca.properties file to add ts and tsx file extensions but that did not appear to work.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. KSKrug Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Add me into the group. Starting to get questions on if Typescript is supported through Fortify. Figured I'd come directly to the source.

0 Likes
AspiringTFSGuru Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Same for me, too. 

0 Likes
cg1
Member.

Same Question here!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello, there’s an Enhancement Request opened for TypeScript and the feature is planned for inclusion in an upcoming release.

Best regards,

Anca

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. Christian2 Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Does anyone have the ticket number for this Enhancement Request?

Thank you

0 Likes

ER# is OCTCR11G39198. In case you want to follow up, you can email support providing this number.

Thanks & regards,

Anca

Valued Contributor..

Thank you for your reply, Anca! Unfortunately, when I asked support about this ticket number they said it does not exist in their system. Would you happen to have any other information that could help me track this ticket down and get an update?

0 Likes

Hi Christian, I apologize i was not clear earlier. That is the Enhancement Request number. What you need to do is to open a normal support ticket with the Fortify team providing that number, then someone will check it and let you know the status of the ER.

Best regards,

Anca

Valued Contributor..

Well after the chat support person put in a ticket for me referencing OCTCR11G39198 I received the following message.

"Hello Christian,

Greetings from Fortify.
I reviewed your product enhancement request.
This request has been raised to and reviewed by our product team. I am pleased to report back to you that this enhancement request is planned for inclusion in an upcoming release. I need to caution you that, as always, release plans can face last minute changes.

As a result of this notice, this support case will now be closed. If you wish to follow up later, it is always possible to open a new case and request a status update. In such case, please reference ER# OCTCR11G39198.

Thank you for reporting your interest in this feature.
We really value and appreciate your input!"

So not an exact date, but hopefully we will see this soon.

Also, they were able to confirm, that is a ticket for adding Typescript support:

"Yes, the Enhancement Request #OCTCR11G39198 is for adding Typescript support for Fortify SCA on future releases."

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Anca,

Instead of logging a case each time to find the status, is it possible for me to subscribe to the ER at https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com to get auto notification or check its status, like I do for other Micro Focus products?

e.g. https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1110961

0 Likes

Hello,

the example about the process to publish ER's you found (from 2011) is currently not setup and we will change the whole process in the future, Therefore unfortunately the only way to follow up on existing ER is to open support cases at this moment.

Christian

Valued Contributor..

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.